So I want to bring a camera to take pictures with to afghanistan...what in your opinion is the best quality to price ratio?
Guitars:
LTD KH-602
LTD M-15
Schecter Hellraiser FR (for sale w/hsc, pm me.)
BC Rich Bronze WarCock
BC Rich Ironbird1
Tokai Voyager
Jackson JS30 Kelly
Vester: Metal flake gold/black crackle
Vester: rainbow crackle
Carvin V220
I've found that Panasonics, Canons and Nikons are usually safe bets. What kind of camera dude? Point and shoot, DSLR..?
I want to read your essays and blogs of the artistic nature!

Art evokes the mystery without which the world would not exist.

- Rene Magritte
Not sure, really a noob with this stuff. Something quick and easy, as well as durable. Don't want the price to be high because there's a good chance of it breaking.
Guitars:
LTD KH-602
LTD M-15
BC Rich Bronze WarCock
BC Rich Ironbird1
Tokai Voyager
Jackson JS30 Kelly
Carvin V220
My Canon is 4 yrs old going strong, digital elph SD750 point and shoot. takes good pics fast fits in pocket and durable, needed a new battery last year.
Metalheads see through the corporate and political candy store bs proliferated by the media and powers that be, we want the truth, we want respect, and we pwn your face weaklings!! ROCK HARD RIDE FREE!!
How much are you willing to spend? If you want to take some memorable pictures while you're there, I'm just going to assume a like mid-level camera for now...

This Canon is a really solid one for not an incredibly high amount of money, and it provides the option for improved lenses if/when you want them. (My school has a few of these, so this one is good for basic photography learning.)

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001XURPQS/ref=pd_lpo_k2_dp_sr_1?pf_rd_p=486539851&pf_rd_s=lpo-top-stripe-1&pf_rd_t=201&pf_rd_i=B001XURPQI&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_r=131BRWHTVJJNE8M2SNCP

This one is a little more expensive, but it'll get you a better quality image quality and a better build of the camera body itself.

http://www.amazon.com/Canon-T3i-Digital-Imaging-18-55mm/dp/B004J3V90Y/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1306198499&sr=1-1

Unless you want to break $1000, these ones are pretty good choices for their costs.
Hmmm, would probably cry if I broke a 600 dollar camera...I was thinking in the 200 and below range. :/ sorry if I'm being a cheap ass...but deployments are not easy on electronics.
Guitars:
LTD KH-602
LTD M-15
BC Rich Bronze WarCock
BC Rich Ironbird1
Tokai Voyager
Jackson JS30 Kelly
Carvin V220
Cheapest camera: Disposable
Quote by Ville Valo
Hurting Linde is like hurting Bambi. You just can't do it.

You should click on those, I think.

I like My Little Pony. Come at me, bro.
The Panasonic Lumix series is EXCELLENT for its price. While it doesn't have the quality of a $1000 DSLR, it takes damn good photographs. It might already have been suggested, i don't remember.
Quote by guitarxo
I had a dream about your avatar once, so yes of course.

Quote by Bladez22

every time i see that twirling electrode avatar of yours I know that the post is worth reading or the link is worth clicking

Nikon S3000. Very good camera, very cheap.
Or even cheaper, my parents just bought a Pentax H90 to take to France. Apparently it's also very good.
Think I'm going point and shoot, just for sake of price, as a soldier I'm not ballin enough to go high quality lol.
Guitars:
LTD KH-602
LTD M-15
BC Rich Bronze WarCock
BC Rich Ironbird1
Tokai Voyager
Jackson JS30 Kelly
Carvin V220