ok so i have a computer (mac) with garageband. I have an AKG mic (D4400) For vocals and instruments

and i have USB/ FIREWIRE ports.

i also have a tubeamp that sounds great.

i need to be able to record this stuff, so i need an audio interface to connect my mic to so that i can mic my amp.

i prefer to buy used.

my budget is $150 USD

thanks for the help
will i be able to get pretty good quality recordings from that? provided all my other equipment is good.
Sure. It was quiet as could be for me, only reason I upgraded was because I needed more mic inputs. Also, it does NOT have phantom power, which might be something to think about if you think you'll ever get on. If you want phantom power and an extra input, I think the Lexicon Lamba or Omega or one of those has it for under your budget.

But as for quality, yes, it's excellent and a cheaper brand than M-Audio as far as I can tell, though the M-Audio series is also very good.
Fast Track MKII ($119) might be your best bet for that kind of money. If you can save up a bit more it wouldn't hurt, but you'll be able to get a good quality recording out of that.
Quote by sandyman323
Fast Track MKII ($119) might be your best bet for that kind of money. If you can save up a bit more it wouldn't hurt, but you'll be able to get a good quality recording out of that.

or the Presonus Firewire Inspire?

what do you think of that.

i could get either used for $50
For under $150 you can get the Presonus Audiobox 2x2 on Amazon ($149 w/ Free Shipping) or $25-30 Cheaper used on eBay. You could also find a Focusrite Saffire 6 for less than $150 Used on eBay. I havent used either but I will be buying either the Audiobox or Saffire myself in a week (Can't decide which) after doing some research and seeing the reviews of both.

Either of them would be pretty much maxing out your Budget obviously but I would personally go (and am going) in for as much as possible with my first interface purchase.
Last edited by HappyGilmore899 at May 24, 2011,