Hey, so I'm going to be playing a lot of shows soon. I'm spending almost $700 on a tuning pedal, new overdrive, pickups and a bigbsy for my guitar this summer, and I still need a pedal board. What is the cheapest I can get a good for practice/gigging/a little touring? I need space for a big muff, fulltone mosfet, tuning pedal and a couple regular sized pedals. So like an 8 pedal board, at least that size. I'd prefer not to spend much more if possible. The guy at guitar center tried to sell me a $220 voodoo labs board/power supply but I'm sure there has to be be a good option thats not as much.
"We're not really interested in the individual instruments sounds. We just like the way they dance together in the air." - Fabrizio Moretti

http://www.baconorbeercan.com/
build your own
Call me Dom
Quote by Dmaj7
I don't know how to count canadians, the metric system is hard

Quote by gregs1020
well if lbj pokes his head in here and there's no nuts shit's gonna go doooooooowwwwwwwwwn.

{Pedalboard Thread Native: The Muffin Man}
^^ This +1

Piece of ply large enough to accommodate your pedals, something to raise the angle slightly, from the rear, black paint, velcro and a couple of handles to safely lift it.
It's an opinion. It's subjective. And I'm right, anyway.
don't use plywood, take your time and make a nice board. solid plywood board is gonna be heavy as hell. buy some 1x4s and rip em to 2.5 inches wide, then make a pedaltrain/gorm style board.
Call me Dom
Quote by Dmaj7

Quote by gregs1020
well if lbj pokes his head in here and there's no nuts shit's gonna go doooooooowwwwwwwwwn.

I just got a petaltrain board. Mine is the mini but they make em in all sizes. It's solid steel. They are not too expensive but they do not have power supplies. I like mine.
Get a GORM board from Ikea. They're like 6 bucks. And there are heaps of threads on here, harmony central and the gear page on how to do it and people showing off their own GORM boards.
The problem with the GORM board is that the wood is very cheap. Better off spending a few extra bucks for good wood and building one in the vein of a GORM
Call me Dom
Quote by Dmaj7

Quote by gregs1020

Always nicer to build your own, way cheaper and you can make it just how you want it.

However, if you're like me and have the carpentry skills of a block of aged cheddar, and don't have a friend who can build things like that (which luckily I did) and absolutely MUST shell out the cashola on a pedalboard. I'd suggest Gator. Their stuff is nice and solid and really well priced.
Rondomusic has some decent boards. I own the biggest one they make and it holds up to all my gigging. It's only like 75 bucks shipped, too.
Quote by lbj273
don't use plywood, take your time and make a nice board. solid plywood board is gonna be heavy as hell. buy some 1x4s and rip em to 2.5 inches wide, then make a pedaltrain/gorm style board.

My first board was ply and didn't weigh too much. It's still sitting at my folk's place, as far as I know.

Although with it being wooden I woudn't put it past my old man to have burned it...
It's an opinion. It's subjective. And I'm right, anyway.
I think I might just get a rondo board for like 80, and then next year when I have more money and I'm playing even more shows, upgrade to an even nicer board. As somebody stated about themselves earlier, my carpentry skills are truly equivalent to that of a block of aged cheddar
"We're not really interested in the individual instruments sounds. We just like the way they dance together in the air." - Fabrizio Moretti

http://www.baconorbeercan.com/
I highly recommend the Gator GPT boards. I have 2 of them, and I am completely satisfied with them. They're not like all the other POS boards you can buy in the same price range - they're built smart. It's kind of hard to explain, but you'll see what I mean in the pics. http://backstage.musiciansfriend.com/productDetail/productDetail.jsp?src=3WFRWXX&entProductId=546156
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Yeah building your own will save a bunch. It may not be as portable as a made one but meh its still better. Ask GB&C for top tips
Sorry i'm late, but my walk has got terribly silly today
Last edited by stig354 at May 25, 2011,
Making your own is much cheaper, but they're no good for gigging. You'd have to buy a flightcase which would cost as much as a pre-made. I have a Gator Gigbox I got second-hand. It's hardy and it has a handy cavity underneath.
local gigs you don't need a flight case, I made one out of a $12 1"x48"x12" piece of wood. I cut one that's 12x12 and one that's 12x36 not ply, solid wood. they are light, strong, and I made mine red with white velcro. unless you're trying to make a gorm board, a retard could make one, it seems you're set on buying one though. all it takes is a hunk of wood and velcro, paint and handles are always nice
My pedalboard is just a piece of wood with a second level in the back thats about a 1/2 inch up. I have a suit case that it fits perfectly in and I just put some foam in there when we gig. At the show I just pull the board out of the suitcase and set it down.
www.myspace.com/thestalkingbutlers

Holy Knight of the Crusading Order of the Stratocaster.

Gear:
MIA Fender Stratocaster
MIA Fender Telecaster
MI? Fender TC-90

Fender Hot Rod Deville
Blackstar HT5, HT40

various pedals