Page 1 of 3
This band is amazing, I'm surprised there wasn't already a thread on them. They're a hardcore punk band from Toronto, but have an amazingly unique sound. They're getting really big. Check them out:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rPWFnti4pas

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=akz5_EcBmko&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=08Nqwf6ahR4

I would suggest listening to all of "The Chemistry of Common Life", that album is a truly amazing. Their newest album (officialy released June 7) could be just as good, I've only been able to hear it fully once.
David Comes to Life is so good.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
Definitely a fan.
Quote by Kozlic
Music doesnt need to be quality to be good.

Press eject, give me the tape, if you know what's good for you
I associate most hardcore punk with Black Flag, so the upbeat sound was a welcome surprise. I'll have to check out more of their stuff.
For Frodo!
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
No because a world full of marbles silly man is just as real as a half empty glass of microwaved nesquik.
F*cked Up is a great band. I have not listened to "David Comes to Life" yet, but will be doing so ASAP.

If you like F*cked Up, you should check out some other bands from the Deranged Records roster.

Brutal Knights
Haymaker
Career Suicide
DS-13
White Lung

out of those should first check out Brutal Knights, their album "Feast of Shame" is a good one, was produced by Jay Reatard.
Quote by IommiPage
Yeah, they're more like the Pixies-meets-Black Flag than straight-up hardcore.

I love that description.

I was a big fan of tCoCL, I think this one might just put them higher up in my favorite bands. Definite candidate for album of the year.
Quote by IommiPage
Yeah, they're more like the Pixies-meets-Black Flag than straight-up hardcore.

I always thought of them as Black Flag mixed with My Bloody Valentine but I think that's more fitting for TCoCL while your description fits David Comes to Life. Hidden World was more like just really weird slightly prog/kraut rock influenced hardcore. The Zodiac series is kind of like TCoCL with classical instruments,except Year of the Rat. That's more Hidden World.
Quote by JohnnyV
I'm pretty sure the feeling i get when i blow my load on my computer screen is a f*ck of a lot different than when i shoot in on my girlfriend's face.

Music things

PRS SE Custom 24
Epiphone G400
Vox AC15C1
As soon as I heard them, I thought it sounded like MBV meets Black Flag, which is totally fine with me since I love both of those bands (especially MBV).
Quote by ManicRepression
If you like F*cked Up, you should check out some other bands from the Deranged Records roster.

Brutal Knights
Haymaker
Career Suicide
DS-13
White Lung
Wait what?
Journalism is just a gun. It's only got one bullet in it, but if you aim right, that's all you need. Aim it right, and you can blow a kneecap off the world.
Sorry to piss on everyone here but I saw a video of them and laughed my ass off at it, the guy like tried to climb up some kind of frame by the stage as he was singing, and he was just way too fat and out of shape to do it so he had to hand the mic to some guy, and then when he finally got up there, out came the man-boobies. Haha I thought they sounded half alright but I would never take them seriously after a first impression like that. Also, are they like racist or something? They were playing a song called "color removal" and when the dude whipped out his man-tittes it was like he was like displaying the color of his skin with pride or some shit. If this is the case then that gives me a reason to actually really really dislike them rather than just think theyre a joke.
Quote by ManicRepression
F*cked Up is a great band. I have not listened to "David Comes to Life" yet, but will be doing so ASAP.

Brutal Knights
Haymaker
Career Suicide
DS-13
White Lung

out of those should first check out Brutal Knights, their album "Feast of Shame" is a good one, was produced by Jay Reatard.

Thanks for the recommendations! I'm liking Brutal Knights so far.

FU has a great ****ing sound and they just keep getting better and better
The live show is so much fun also. Damian really gets the crowd going and hes ****ing hilarious. Knows how to have a sense of humor about being the big guy.
Which makes it awesome unless you are Necrotron2013 and think its laaaaaaaaame
This band should really be in the hardcore forum, but whatever. One of my favourites, so good on various levels. STILL don't have the new record, so if anyone feels like PMing me a working link I'd be most grateful...
My name is Danny. Call me that.
Quote by asator
This band should really be in the hardcore forum, but whatever. One of my favourites, so good on various levels. STILL don't have the new record, so if anyone feels like PMing me a working link I'd be most grateful...
+1
It's been downloading for about an hour, but it only has three minutes left and I'm super excited.
An hour? What the hell? Do you have shitty satellite internet too (actually a single mp3 takes about 15 minutes for me and usually ends up corrupted)?
No, I'm a city-slicker. The album is too long that, even compressed, it doesn't upload to mediafire. So the host I used was some shitty one that if you don't "Upgrade to PRO!", all the downloads take around an hour. If I would "Upgrade to PRO!", they would take the normal amount of time we have all become accustomed to.

It's all good though, I have the sweet, sweet musical nectar.
Quote by due 07
The album is too long that, even compressed, it doesn't upload to mediafire.

Lol untrue.
Quote by emoboy027
Is fingering an emo chick that likes yoy and that has fallen in love with you is it wrong to you to finger her during lunch outside in front of everyone at the high school? would you not care or lol even wish it was you?

Youztoobz
MIDI Magicalness!
Quote by nashawa
Lol untrue.
Well shoot. I tried to upload a compressed file of it to mediafire, but it was slightly too large. I also don't have PRO or anything. Yeah, I dunno.
Strange. Depends of the amount of compression and junk I assume, but I dl'd it from mediafire just fine.

Then I actually bought the album. Ridiculous.
Quote by emoboy027
Is fingering an emo chick that likes yoy and that has fallen in love with you is it wrong to you to finger her during lunch outside in front of everyone at the high school? would you not care or lol even wish it was you?

Youztoobz
MIDI Magicalness!
Jesus christ man, why so shitty? Are you on dial-up or something?
FUCK YOU! GET PUMPED!
Satellite, 'cause bitches won't run cable or DSL down my road. It used to be pretty decent, besides the 70 GB download limit and the fact that it went out when the weather was really hot or rainy or cloudy. But last year (I think) it suddenly got... like this.

Except not on my dad's computer, for some reason. Like, he can still watch videos and stuff, as if he's a normal person in the 21st century. Weird.

I guess I would try to figure out why that is and fix it, but I think we're finally getting rid of it soon. Because Daddy's work is gonna pay for one of those 3G cards or something. I suspect I myself will probably be essentially without internet access.

Honestly dial up would probably be a lot better.
Last edited by █▐▌█▐▌ at Jun 27, 2011,
There is no way 84% of the US has a slower connection than that.

Here's mine:
Quote by emoboy027

Youztoobz
MIDI Magicalness!
Last edited by nashawa at Jun 28, 2011,

I guess that's good.

Oh, I forgot what this thread was about. I have nothing relevant to contribute.
Last edited by neidnarb11890 at Jun 28, 2011,
Quote by genghisgandhi
For a band named ****ed Up, their latest album sure had a lot of female vocals.

I'm not sure what this means...
Quote by emoboy027

Youztoobz
MIDI Magicalness!
I never really bothered listening to Fucked Up because their band name is Fucked Up. I guess I'm not very punk or whatever.
They're good.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
Quote by neidnarb11890
Yeah sure, that's what you told me about Jawbreaker.
Exactly
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano

F*cked Up is what Titus Andronicus would be if Titus Andronicus was interesting instead of self-loathin' , scarf-wearin' , Keystone Light drinkin' hipster fodder.
Quote by emoboy027

Youztoobz
MIDI Magicalness!
My connection on my laptop isn't that good. It's like 3.04 mb/s download or something. It does it's job, I guess.

Quote by nashawa
F*cked Up is what Titus Andronicus would be if Titus Andronicus was interesting instead of self-loathin' , scarf-wearin' , Keystone Light drinkin' hipster fodder.
Lawlz.

I like Fucked Up because their instrumental bits are interesting, and I don't like a lot of bands that add instrumental bits to music. A lot of them are boring to me.
Totally agree. This album had the potential to be a self-indulgent mess, but It turned out probably as good as it could have instead.
Quote by emoboy027

Youztoobz
MIDI Magicalness!
Quote by nashawa
You shut your face.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano

Quote by nashawa

(Invalid img)
By the way Turncoat (I don't know your real name), I listened to that TA albums a few times. It's not too bad, might need to grow on me.
Page 1 of 3