Is the wah any good? If the whole expression pedal stinks then I will get the Digitech 155. Go Badgers!
Quote by kutless999
Is the wah any good? If the whole expression pedal stinks then I will get the Digitech 155. Go Badgers!

Not really. Neither are the rest of the effects. I keep mine around just in case I want to go for a lo-fi digital shitty sound on a recording.
The wah is really quite bad. Neither of those units are great, but if you want one, the 255 isn't worth the extra money. On a budget, they're all right, but nobody can seem to get a wah emulated properly with a digital unit.
Should be able to get a POD 2.0 used for that much, or even an XT if you're patient. Both are much better than the digitech units.
i dunno what ur all saying, i have the RP255 and i really like it, i just recorded this with it.

http://soundcloud.com/jjmorrish/epic-djent

but yeah the wah isnt amazing, but it feels and works great for all the other FX, like the wammy etc....
Last edited by wozzsta at May 24, 2011,
I think the sound on the Digitech rp255 is good but if you say the Line 6 xt live is better than I will look at that one.
If you can find a Pod XT for $150, then that's a good deal. Do the drum machine and the looper on the RP mean anything to you? Because they are both great practice tools.

And it's not a good idea to listen to people who say the RP's sound crappy.
I found a pod xt for $150 should I look at getting that over the Digitech rp155 or 255?
If you don't want the drum machine or looper then I'd get it.

How experienced are you? Are you sure you don't want a drum machine. There is no better practice tool. And the looper is valuable too. Both of these will advance your skills wrt keeping the beat, laying down rhythms, and playing lead over them.
I have been playing for over 4 years so I am pretty good but not great. I don't think I'll ever play live so I don't think I'll need the drum machine but I would like to have a looper.
The drum machine isn't for playing live. It's for getting better and if you do play along with someone... being able to stay in time.
Quote by kutless999
I found a pod xt for $150 should I look at getting that over the Digitech rp155 or 255?

The POD XT is definitely superior. The only difference is, Line6 support sucks ass while Digitech support is awesome.