Poll Options
View poll results: Who would win?
Knight
12 34%
Samurai
23 66%
Voters: 35.
who would win?

please, mods, make one exception! this could be the most legendary face-off in history.

A knight in full knight armor, or a samurai in full samurai armor?
Assume that it's the best knight in history against the best samurai in history.

I think it would be the samurai. They can cut through 2-3 people with a single swing of their swords. But knights have a ton of armor and crossbows and shields and broadswords. I dunno.
Quote by guitarxo
I had a dream about your avatar once, so yes of course.

Quote by Bladez22

every time i see that twirling electrode avatar of yours I know that the post is worth reading or the link is worth clicking

Charles Nelson Reilly would beat both.
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 75-87
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 3-3
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 52-39
there is a tv show called the ultimate warrior (i believe) where they match up scenarios like, (and including) this one. samurai won.
Go Veg.
nites, cus there bawses!11!

But I did vote for them...
Quote by Nelsean
The world needs more buttmonkeys.

Quote by Eddie4President
The Buttmonkey for best username, most intelligent posts of 21st century.
Quote by StewieSwan
Good. The world needs more of you.
Obviously the knight would win. Samurai had terrible armor and a less diverse selection of weapons.
As much as I like samurai much more than European knights, a knight would likely win. They are wearing a massive amount of metal on there bodies which even a katana or a naginata will have a hard time getting through. Though samurai had strong armor as well -- boiled leather and sometimes iron in a scaled pattern -- a knight's armaments could still pierce it, especially with things like pikes and other thrusting polearms. Knights had virtually no weak spot on their bodies being covered from head to toe in steel plate and with chainmail undergarments. The knights were slow and clunky, but when they hit you, you're going to feel it.
--------------╯╰--------------
A SIGNATURE.
--------------╮╭--------------
Quote by im not mental
there is a tv show called the ultimate warrior (i believe) where they match up scenarios like, (and including) this one. samurai won.

They actually put a pirate up against a knight. I'm pretty sure the pirate won because of the advantage of gunpowder. The samurai fought a viking. Samurai won.
Quote by DonGlover
As much as I like samurai much more than European knights, a knight would likely win. They are wearing a massive amount of metal on there bodies which even a katana or a naginata will have a hard time getting through. Though samurai had strong armor as well -- boiled leather and sometimes iron in a scaled pattern -- a knight's armaments could still pierce it, especially with things like pikes and other thrusting polearms. Knights had virtually no weak spot on their bodies being covered from head to toe in steel plate and with chainmail undergarments. The knights were slow and clunky, but when they hit you, you're going to feel it.

If they hit you, you mean. I can't imagine that it would be very difficult for a master samurai to find the weak spot in the neck of a night's armor and lop the head right off. Also, samurai are master archers. They could (pretty easily) shoot straight into the knight's eye hole in their armor.
Quote by guitarxo

Quote by Bladez22

every time i see that twirling electrode avatar of yours I know that the post is worth reading or the link is worth clicking

Quote by fearofthemark
If they hit you, you mean. I can't imagine that it would be very difficult for a master samurai to find the weak spot in the neck of a night's armor and lop the head right off. Also, samurai are master archers. They could (pretty easily) shoot straight into the knight's eye hole in their armor.

Samurai =/= Legolas.
Quote by Jackintehbox
Samurai =/= Legolas.

I saw a video of a man trained in the samurai arts shoot a target the size of an eye from a considerable distance multiple times in a row.
Quote by guitarxo

Quote by Bladez22

Quote by fearofthemark
I saw a video of a man trained in the samurai arts shoot a target the size of an eye from a considerable distance multiple times in a row.

That's a typical sallet. I don't think an arrow would even fit through those eye holes, let alone when the guy is running around.
Quote by Jackintehbox

That's a typical sallet. I don't think an arrow would even fit through those eye holes, let alone when the guy is running around.

maybe not, then.
Quote by guitarxo

Quote by Bladez22

Quote by fearofthemark

A knight doesn't have a weak spot in the neck. There is generally a bevor which is made of steel that protects the neck. They should be able to hit you if they are the best knight around as you said in the OP. For the part about the expert marksman samurai shooting the arrow through the eye hole in the helm, do you mean this eye hole:

Good luck with that.

DonGedit: Ninja'd with the eye hole thing.
A SIGNATURE.
Last edited by DonGlover at May 24, 2011,
I'd say a knight. They have better armor (not all knights had that weird suit of robotic looking armor, btw) and the shield would give them better defense. The big advantage a samurai has is his speed.

But who knows.
LARGE TEXT
Samurai = 15-18 century warrior
Knight = iron-clad barbarian from dark ages

Next time let's compare a Recon/Delta force and a Pirate, cause pirate's are soooo cool.
THE SOLE PURPOSE OF THIS SIG IS TO GRAB YOUR ATTENTION TO THIS POST OF UTTER GENIUS
Last edited by Grimriffer at May 24, 2011,
Quote by fearofthemark
maybe not, then.

You know... You could just say that a Samurai would be able to quickly get around the Knight and manage to tip him over. Or if the said samurai wanted to be a troll, he would twist the knights helmet then beat it with a spoon
Samurai were smart and the knights were greedy. Samurai mind games > knight's armor.
Bass is my life.
Quote by Grimriffer
Samurai = 15-18 century warrior
Knight = iron-clad barbarian from dark ages

Next time let's compare a SpecOps and a Pirate, cause pirate's are soooo cool.

Except that the armor was made of steel, they were comprised of the richest noblemen, and they existed in large numbers through the end of the 17th century.
Quote by Jackintehbox
Except that the armor was made of steel, they were comprised of the richest noblemen, and they existed in large numbers through the end of the 17th century.

Not to mention they were seasoned warriors in a wide range of weaponry and needed to be strong enough to maneuver in their armour.
A SIGNATURE.
Quote by DonGlover

There have been documents found that say some Samurais had paper armor that couldn't be pierced. You might get a pin-prick, but that's all.

Let's not forget that the katana is an EXTREMELY powerful weapon that'd cut through most knights armor with relative ease.

Also, most knights couldn't afford full sets of steel armor.
Quote by goest
There have been documents found that say some Samurais had paper armor that couldn't be pierced. You might get a pin-prick, but that's all.

Let's not forget that the katana is an EXTREMELY powerful weapon that'd cut through most knights armor with relative ease.

Go try to cut through a 16 gauge steel breastplate with a big fat katana blade. In addition to being primarily a sidearm, the katana was definitely not made for cutting through armor.
Quote by goest

Despite popular belief, a katana is not a magical sword that can cut through any object with ease, especially steel plated armor. I own two katanas, one which was manufactured in the US and one authentically tempered, folded, and designed in Japan. They can cut through thick wood, bone, some types of hard plastic, but they most certainly do not go through steel with ease as you put it. As for the knight lacking the ability to afford steel armor, once again, TS said the best Samurai and Knight. He should be able to afford the armor.
A SIGNATURE.
Last edited by DonGlover at May 24, 2011,
Quote by Jackintehbox
Go try to cut through a 16 gauge steel breastplate with a big fat katana blade. In addition to being primarily a sidearm, the katana was definitely not made for cutting through armor.

It wasn't a sidearm. It was paired with a smaller knife-like blade.

And from what I've read/heard/watched, it was made to cut through most armors.

Quote by DonGlover
Despite popular belief, a katana is not a magical sword that can cut through any object with ease, especially steel plated armor. I own two katanas, one which was manufactured in the US and one authentically tempered, folded, and designed in Japan. They can cut through thick wood, bone, some types of hard plastic, but they most certainly do not go through steel with ease as you put it. As for the knight lacking the ability to afford steel armor, once again, TS said the best Samurai and Knight. He should be able to afford the armor.

I've no personal experience, so you've got me there.

And I must've skipped that part about the Knight being the best...my mistake.
Last edited by goest at May 24, 2011,
Fun Fact: Many knights, while fully-dressed in armor, died by falling to puddles and not being able to get up, drowning in such shallow amounts of water.

Let's face it, no matter how good a knight may be, a samurai will always be a million times faster and thus have the upper hand, considering said samurai could just get behind a knight and tip him over. It sounds like a ridiculous way to win a fight, but it actually is completely plausible.

A samurai would win with ease.
Last edited by GuitarGod_92 at May 24, 2011,
Quote by GuitarGod_92
Fun Fact: Many knights, while fully-dressed in armor, died by falling to puddles and not being able to get up, drowning in such shallow amounts of water.

Let's face it, no matter how good a knight may be, a samurai will always be a million times faster and thus have the upper hand, considering said samurai could just get behind a knight and tip him over. It sounds like a ridiculous way to win a fight, but it actually is completely plausible.

A samurai would win with ease.

Lol.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WMuNXWFPewg
Quote by goest
It wasn't a sidearm. It was paired with a smaller knife-like blade.

And from what I've read/heard/watched, it was made to cut through most armors.

Yes, most armors that they would encounter. Those armors were generally similar to their own or even less hardy. They haven't had to cut through a body of plated steel with riveted steel mail beneath it. Also, the small dagger blades used were the wakizashi or the tanto.
A SIGNATURE.
loooooool

*reported*
Quote by Vornik
Thanks for the advice. I'm going to put it, along with your other advice, into a book, the pages of which I will then use to wipe my ass.