So I'm looking into recording software for standard stuff. As of know I don't have a mic or a means of recording guitar (yet) but I'd still like to do some MIDI work with my keyboard. Something that isn't just for looping/electronic music though (i.e Fruity Loops) because eventually I want to get real instrument tracks down.

My only experience with recording software is Garageband but I'm looking for something on Windows that's worth while to learn how to use. I'm pretty much a beginner though so something relatively user friendly would be nice.

If I should put this somewhere else feel free to redirect me
Listen to jazz, it'll make you a better guitar player.

Whatever you do, stay creative
Quote by Lugnaz987
So I'm looking into recording software for standard stuff. As of know I don't have a mic or a means of recording guitar (yet) but I'd still like to do some MIDI work with my keyboard. Something that isn't just for looping/electronic music though (i.e Fruity Loops) because eventually I want to get real instrument tracks down.

My only experience with recording software is Garageband but I'm looking for something on Windows that's worth while to learn how to use. I'm pretty much a beginner though so something relatively user friendly would be nice.

If I should put this somewhere else feel free to redirect me

You can record audio in FL Studio.
REAPER is free (indefinate trial) unless you plan on releasing commercial songs. It costs £40 for a standard license which allows you to generate roughly £20,000 per year from music created in or with REAPER. Professional Licenses are like £200 - £400 or something and that's unlimited.

So get REAPER. It's the best free DAW out there.
Quote by boreamor
REAPER is free (indefinate trial) unless you plan on releasing commercial songs. It costs £40 for a standard license which allows you to generate roughly £20,000 per year from music created in or with REAPER. Professional Licenses are like £200 - £400 or something and that's unlimited.

So get REAPER. It's the best free DAW out there.

I just downloaded it and it said I have 30 days to use it then I have to buy a license. Did I download the wrong file or will it let me keep using it after the 30 days?
Gear:
Schecter C-1 Elite
Squier Strat
Fender Acoustic
Line 6 POD XT-Live
Blackstar HT-1 Combo
Quote by butterfingers30
I just downloaded it and it said I have 30 days to use it then I have to buy a license. Did I download the wrong file or will it let me keep using it after the 30 days?

It will let you keep using it.

DON'T MAKE ME DESTROY YOU!

TURN OFF YOUR MIND RELAX AND FLOAT DOWNSTREAM

Quote by Scumbag1792
My God, this must be the smartest/greatest guy ever.
After the 30 days expire it'll still allow you to use it in full after waiting for the loading screen to countdown past 5. However, if you like it you might as well support these guys seeing as the program is pretty cheap to buy a license for!
Quote by Tire Me.
Dumbledore wasn't the only headmaster that night.

Quote by CTFOD

I can impersonate Emperor Palpatine, Bob Dylan and the Joker. Simultaneously.

Quote by Kumanji
Why sho blowin' in the wind, Jedi?