What are some (preferably newer age) reggae bands that use guitar riffs as the focal point of their songs? For example, The Expendables song Sacrifice or Gangja Smuggling.
I really dislike most reggae or ska with any kind of focus in lead guitar. I like my melody in the bass and the trumpets and crap.
Quote by Hamburger_Buddy
The Flatliners first album Destroy to Create fits the criteria

Took it for a spin and wow its an insane record, you can really tell they had something to say on their first record. Do you have anything else to recommend that is less punk?
Quote by due 07
I really dislike most reggae or ska with any kind of focus in lead guitar. I like my melody in the bass and the trumpets and crap.

this
>>-(ಠ_ಠ-<<
>>-(. Y .)-<<
>>> . (<<<
>>-( Y )-<<
Quote by dudetheman
Dude, your fucking sig creeps me out.

Quote by Kosh H
I just noticed his sig too...I feel uncomfortable now...

Quote by WantsLesPaul
Your sig killed my boner _

DIY SO-CAL PUNK LABEL
Quote by due 07
the trumpets and crap.

I just looked for the NN2S expressing disdain for people who don't know there's a term for "horn section." I couldn't find it, but I think you get the point.
Quote by emoboy027
Is fingering an emo chick that likes yoy and that has fallen in love with you is it wrong to you to finger her during lunch outside in front of everyone at the high school? would you not care or lol even wish it was you?

Youztoobz
MIDI Magicalness!
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
I forgot it was about Rocket. That would have made things easier haha.
Quote by emoboy027
Is fingering an emo chick that likes yoy and that has fallen in love with you is it wrong to you to finger her during lunch outside in front of everyone at the high school? would you not care or lol even wish it was you?

Youztoobz
MIDI Magicalness!
The best bass solo Ive heard in a punk song is probably Maxwell Murder by Rancid. Amazing solo worth checking out. And the Clash London Calling has alot of trumpets btw
Quote by nashawa
I just looked for the NN2S expressing disdain for people who don't know there's a term for "horn section." I couldn't find it, but I think you get the point.

Good, because I was referencing it