I recently agreed to replace the current bassist in my friends' pop punk/hardcore band but as someone who has spent the last 7 years or so playing guitar, I have a slight problem:
I know absolutely nothing about bass/bass rigs.

I really don't want to spend too much money (under $1000 would be lovely, but I can afford to spend a bit more) on a rig, but I was also told by the guitarist that I won't be able to get away with having "shit gear"

I'm looking at 410 cabs, so if you guys have any recommendations for those that would be great.
As for amp heads, I have no clue where to start, so if you can rec me anything that would be good for pop punk/hardcore in the vein of Title Fight, Living With Lions, Transit and etc, that would be great as well

Just a note, it needs to be loud enough to play at decent sized shows.

Any/all help or input is appreciated.
Are you willing to go used? And is that budget just for the amp/cab or do you need to squeeze a bass in there too?
Composite Aficionado

Spector and Markbass
Have a look at some Gallien Kruger Backline series. Should definitely be able to get that tone out of one of those.
Quote by seemeel
He needs a new amp. Definitely. The Spider IIIs are potentially the worst sounding amplifiers you can buy.