I'm trying to find a replacement for my Orange Rocker 30 because it doesn't have an effects loop which means I cant use the drive with the delays and verbs that I like so much.

I want something that has MIDI switching like the Blackstar Series One 45 or the Marshall JVM 215c but I can't find out anywhere how exactly the midi switching works.

I have read a lot and some people suggest that with the JVM you just dial in whatever you like and when you save that as a midi preset it remembers all your settings including gain, mode and volume. Is this true?

I cant find anything on the Blackstar. What exactly can you control with midi on that amp?

I have a TC Nova System and I'm looking to make a really simple rig where the Nova sits in the loop and controls the amp with it's midi out.
That would work with the JVM.

Dunno much about the S1, but MIDI usually controls only channel switching and on board effects like reverb......but then again, Blackstar is made up of ex Marshall guys so it might be that it works the way the JVM does too.....

With all said and done, I daresay the S1 would be a better choice tone wise.
No SS shenanigans btw.....thats the HT series
I know the S1 amps' user manuals cover midi switching, shouldn't be too hard to figure out.
PRS Tremonti Signature (charcoal burst)
Gibson Les Paul Studio Nitro (electric lime)
PRS SE One
---
EVH 5150 III 50w / 5150 III 212 cab
Blackstar HT-5
Hi Vodkanoodle, I have the S1-45 and I use it with the new Boss GT-100 for switching and effects. I understand that the reverbs, delays and other time based effects need to be in the FX loop otherwise you will get that washy sound. Also it'll allow you to use the amps overdrives better, after all why buy an amp with a decent overdrive if all you are only going to do is use the clean channel? To me the amp overdrive is more authentic and realistic sounding, you can put in another overdrive pedal to either push it more or increase a variation, like using a GT100 overdrive in front of the clean channel or saturate the amp overdrive a little more for singing lead tones. If you use delays and reverbs before the amps overdrive you'll be back to that washy sound again. You probably know all this.
I love the GT-100 and the S1-45 as it can be channel changed via the midi output from the GT-100. The JVM will allow you to save presets in the amp and then assign a midi control change to dial that up. I read this on the JVM forum. So it's upto you which of these two amps you prefer, there's also the rack gear to consider to, I also have a JMP1 that has a similar way of calling up presets via midi. Using midi to change amp channels is more flexible and allows you to dial in any variation at the press of one footswitch instead of dancing on many pedals. This is the way forward to me, it simply makes sense.