Poll: Do you have one or more friends who are black?
Poll Options
View poll results: Do you have one or more friends who are black?
I am white and i have no friends who are black
38 31%
I am white and i have one or more black friends
73 60%
I am black and i have no friends who are black
1 1%
I am black and i have one or more black friends
2 2%
I am white and i have no friends at all
3 2%
I am black and i have no friends at all
4 3%
Voters: 121.
Page 1 of 2
Several, but I don't make the distinction of them being black, my mates are just my mates.
Quote by GLP_Arclite
Pooping is well good though, to be fair.

I've got a handle on the fiction.

I'm losing my grip, 'cos I'm losing my fingers.
I have 2 mates who are black, but where I live, there aren't too many black people. Plenty of Poles, Indians and Turkish though.
Quote by truiteleague
I have a mexican friend... Does that count?!

Yes. But only half counts.
You want some more seeneyj hate? WELL YOU CAN'T HAVE IT

You're all a bunch of f*cking slaves! - Jim Morrison

UG Awards
1st: Biggest Ego
1st: Most Likely To Become Famous
1st: Most Pretentious User
Three of my best friends are Maori.
I want to read your essays and blogs of the artistic nature!

Art evokes the mystery without which the world would not exist.

- Rene Magritte
One of my few close friends is black. And the only one of them who is not white.
Quite sad, but they might be 50 black kids at our school maximum that are black, so no, sorry.
Quote by slash_GNR666
You sir, are a giant c*** and you finger will forever haunt my dreams.

Quote by Kind, Non-Existant User
Coco-Loco is the finest bit of meat on the butcher block.
I don't, but that's because my town pretty much only has white people living here, no idea why
Spiraling Up Through the Crack in the Sky...

...Leaving Material World Behind...

SOUNDCLOUD

GT - Elite Curbstomp
There were only 2 blacks in my high school that I can remember. Neither one of them were in any of my classes, so I never really got to know them. Plus one of them is a real weirdo, he actually posted a video to facebook of him putting his penis in random inanimate objects. He was probably stoned.

The college I just finished at had a butt load of them. Again, never had any of them in any of my classes since all my classes revolved around my x-ray course, and none of them were in that course.
TOMAHAWK!

"Now I think I understand how this world can overcome a man..."

R.I.P.
James THE REV Sullivan
We have this brasilian guy in my class who is one of the funniest guys I've ever known. He would always be quoting like these black jokes from Family Guy and other shows (Black Jesus: I rode into town on an ass. YO MAMA'S ASS!) and of course we'd laugh and joke around with him too.

Somewhere into the second semester I find out that his father is from Ghana, and he's half black. Since he looks very latino, I never guessed.

And after that me and my friends went out of our way to try and be more sensitive to his heritage and realised that it was one thing for him to make jokes like that, but it was not cool for us to do the same.

Lolnah, nothing has changed at all and I wouldn't have it any other way. The guy's great.
Last edited by CoreysMonster at May 24, 2011,
I am an unmentioned-in-the-OP minority and I have several?

Quote by CoreysMonster
Somewhere into the second semester I find out that his father is from Ghana, and he's half black. Since he looks very latino, I never guessed.

And after that me and my friends went out of our way to try and be more sensitive to his heritage and realised that it was one thing for him to make jokes like that, but it was not cool for us to do the same.

For some reason I read this as one of those uplifting videos you'd have to watch in elementary school either about how racism is bad, or recycling is amazing. All cheesy with the happy friendly ending.

Last edited by blake1221 at May 24, 2011,
Racist poll is racist.
Where're the options for I'm neither white nor black and I do/don't have friends who are black?
Quote by guitaro69
thanks Mighty Thor!!!!

Your throne awaits!

Put this in your sig if The Rake scared the living **** out of you.
Quote by Zoot Allures
There are none of those options.

This is a black and white issue. Lolpun =]

Could have at least made a minority option just to let us feel included
Glad to know I can't be Asian/Hispanic/Middle Eastern/Not WHITE or Black and have black friends. ha.

In my immediate circle of friends not one is black...but growing up in a multicultural school district I have many black friends.
Quote by blake1221
Could have at least made a minority option just to let us feel included

I wanna keep this poll simple and to the point to highlight that particular social division, there are only 10 options i have avalible so it would be difficult to make it a non black n white thing.
Ummm wtf

I can't be non-white or non-black?
**** this test
Taylor 314CE
Modulus G2T and G3CT
3 Warmoth Guitars
2 Fender MIA Strats--SRV & JM
Alvarez w/ Modulus Neck and EMG DG-20s
Marshall JCM 2000 DSL 50 w/ 1960a cab
Breedlove AC250/SM12
Gold Tone Weissenborn
Adrenalinn III & FCB1010
ALOT of pedals
Quote by Zoot Allures
I wanna keep this poll simple and to the point to highlight that particular social division, there are only 10 options i have avalible so it would be difficult to make it a non black n white thing.

Not even an "other minorities" lump group?
Quote by blake1221
Not even an "other minorities" lump group?

I've been up for nearly 24 hours on 5 hours sleep

Anyway, i don't see why the poll needs to represent everyone, it's a specific example about 1 particuar divide. I don't wanna skew it too much.

I'm putting a thumbs up as the picture for this post. And i'm giving it a title.
Quote by mitythor666
Racist poll is racist.
Where're the options for I'm neither white nor black and I do/don't have friends who are black?

this
Not many black guys round my city. The majority of the black dudes are those whose parents or themselves have just come from Africa quite recently.

Quote by hazzmatazz
youmakemesmile...

Quote by sebastian_96
Today I stole a girls tampons for being such an annoying bitch.

MUFC

My love for you
Is like a truck
Berserker.
I'm asian and one of my friends is black, and I'm also friends with a Turkish guy. As well as whites and hispanics, but not other asians. Go figure
I'm not white nor black, and yes I have more than 1 black friend.
Sincerely,
Shitstirrer
I don't think there is a single black guy in my city...so...I don't have any black friends.
Kombat Gear:

Lol @ poll, no black people on UG.
          Quote by apple_apple
          oh my god! guitarViking is a genius... respect !!!

I'm GuitarViking! Don't you forget it!
          the only thing this has proven so far is that there are NO black people on UG apparantly
          Epiphone Les Paul Standard Plus Top
          Fender 300CE T-Bucket
          Dean DOF ML [For Sale]
          Marshall AVT 2000 valvestate
          Ibanez modified turbo tube screamer
          Digitech RP250
          I used to, but then he moved away. There are very few Black people in Ireland.
          "Why should we subsidise intellectual curiosity?"
          -Ronald Reagan

"Knowledge is in every country the surest basis of public happiness."
          -George Washington
          Page 1 of 2