especially when it doesn't. sure, mainstream garbage is mainstream garbage but there's plenty of great music out there beyond, you know, the ****ING RADIO

it's not old people either, old people are generally quite swag when it comes to listening to new music, it's all these 14, 15 year olds who only listen to led zeppelin or black sabbath and say silly things like "hip hop isnt music"

actually old people can be a bit retarded when it comes to new music, especially if there's no guitar in the song, like with radiohead's newer stuff

"HURR NO GUITAR, it's shit"

anyway, what are your thoughts, let's hear 'em cos i'm got damn interested
It appears Top 40 is getting consistently simplistic, formulaic, and rehashed. People seem to forget though that the reason music seems like it used to be so much better is because on stations that play the older ones, they're not going through every song that was Top 40. They're just playing what was really good then, and putting them all on the same station.

Also chill with the threads. Most of them are kind of annoying.
How is it that PotBellyShogun has an extra chromosome, yet we have to suffer for it?

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Even the heavier end of the spectrum is being filled with non-unique pop punk or core bands.
I Like Orange......

Wobble Wobble Wub Wub Dakka Dakka
Quote by PotBellyShogun
that article is ****ing beast, **** the daily mail

Is that where you're getting all your shitty thread ideas from?
question: why do they call it top 40?? and not, say top 50? why such an odd number? (im actually curious but don't want look it up)
sim simma

who got the keys to my beema
It is because people forget the shit music. There was plenty of terrible music in the time of The Beatles, in the time of Black Sabbath.

But since it wasn't good people don't remember it. So when you look at today's music and see all the disposable pop you don't think they every year there is a shit tonne of disposable music that you just don't remember. Thus thinking that the current era is the worst era.
All I want is for everyone to go to hell...
...It's the last place I was seen before I lost myself

Quote by DisarmGoliath
You can be the deputy llamma of the recordings forum!
There's an almost infinite array of music out there, get looking and stop bitching.

And who are these "people"?

Quote by hazzmatazz
youmakemesmile...

Quote by sebastian_96
Today I stole a girls tampons for being such an annoying bitch.

MUFC

My love for you
Is like a truck
Berserker.
It is a fact that people only tend to remember the good things in their lives. Ever wondered why your childhood seemed so great? It probably wasn't that good, you just subconciously chose to believe it was. Same goes for any other aspect of your life, including music.
The fact is, older music is generally more interesting than new music. At least it's more publicized - The shit music back in the 70's or whatever gets forgotten about, so we only hear about the good stuff. In about 40 years time from now, you'll get a good idea of what music was good today because those people will be remembered & passed down, the crap stuff will be forgotten once again.
Rock [James] Roll
...She's a girl, guys. So obviously she likes Rebecca Black, Justin Bieber, Miley Cyrus etc.

sarcasm.
Quote by theogonia777
and then there's free jazz, which isn't even for musicians.

Quote by Born A Fool
As my old guitar teacher once said: Metal really comes from classical music. The only difference is pinch harmonics, double bass, and lyrics about killing goats.
Last edited by Dream Floyd at May 24, 2011,
Quote by blake1221
It appears Top 40 is getting consistently simplistic, formulaic, and rehashed. People seem to forget though that the reason music seems like it used to be so much better is because on stations that play the older ones, they're not going through every song that was Top 40. They're just playing what was really good then, and putting them all on the same station.

Also chill with the threads. Most of them are kind of annoying.

ABBA

So much good music around these days.
PPPPPPPOSTFINDER
People have always said that over time. It's just all the shit music is forgotten in time.
You want some more seeneyj hate? WELL YOU CAN'T HAVE IT

You're all a bunch of f*cking slaves! - Jim Morrison

UG Awards
1st: Biggest Ego
1st: Most Likely To Become Famous
1st: Most Pretentious User
Time has sifted through all the shit music and now we are just left with the good stuff from the 60's, 70's, 80's.

And people are to lazy to look for new music if they don't like the 15 bands they play on the radio over and over. So instead of looking they assume that all music is crap.
One of the third friendliest users
Stratkat's pet

Quote by Momentosis
Void is a wanker that's why