IM looking at getting one of these.

Ive read on some forums about a 'farting problem' when turned up, particularly when palm muting.

The posts were a couple of years old though and i was just wondering if this has now been fixed on newer models.

Can i buy one today with confidence that it wont have this problem
I have one and have never heard it fart :|

I have it turned up fully and chug the **** out of it, not a single problem
Can you give a better description of this supposed "farting" sound? I've cranked my HT5 and found no problems at all. Other than the damage to my hearing. This amp is incredibly loud, especially for 5 watts and still sounds great at even the lowest volumes. I'd heartily recommend it to anyone.

Mine's a used 2009 model. Pretty sure the valves are still the same ones, too and I've had no problems with it.
I shall grant you three wishes.

None of which will work.

Does the above post enrage, offend or confuse you?

Good.

I like my women how I like my guitars. Curvy and like it when I finger them.
This is the forum that ive been looking at

http://www.musicradar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=31000

I really wanted to get the amp. Then i read this and was really disappointed.

Now the more i read the more it seems this was in fact a teething problem with the first batch and the ones on the shelves these days are shit hot

Might be about time to get rid of the Marshal MG15DFX for a sexy Blackstar HT5
Quote by A valve amp noob
I did (and sadly joined the other guy topic). I swapped my farting combo for head version. The head was all right, I checked it in the shop - no farting at all. At home the amp sounded fanstastic for about.... 2-3 hours. Then suddenly the sound degraded as if it was cheap stompbox. It just lost power and depth of distortion. Then I made simple test for farting (single palm muting) - it started to appear, not that much as in combo from new, but still...
I'm returning it to the shop and will have to forget about affordable, excellent sounding little power, having fx loop and headphones/line out output amp for home use

Those guys are describing the sound of dying valves, my friend. When the sound starts dying and sounds like amplified turd, it's a sign that the valves need changing. I'd also say that it's most likely the first few batches havig teething trouble. Mine's never had any kind of issues and it's a 2009 model. If you want one, buy one, TS.
I shall grant you three wishes.

None of which will work.

Does the above post enrage, offend or confuse you?

Good.

I like my women how I like my guitars. Curvy and like it when I finger them.
I thought the 'farting' noise was due to an incorrect resistor being used, and only effected the very first batch of products????
Well if thats the case then fine. I just wanted to check.

Excited at the prospect of getting one again
I would say that it could be due to the small speaker in the combo not being ideal for metal.

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb