vypyr 30 is only one iv played and it does metal great - cant comment on the fender or the vox.
Can you try them out ?
Sorry i'm late, but my walk has got terribly silly today
The simple answer is, in my opinion, Peavey.
The long answer is more details please. Examples of Bands you want play, Budget- we could suggest alternatives etc.
Gear:
Fender American Tele (Lefty)
Squier Affinity Strat (Lefty)
Boss DS-1
EHX Small Clone
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
Laney LG12
Danelectro FAB Flanger (Rubbish)
Vypyr, though the Valvetronix can do metal too, it doesn't have a lot of good options in that department. VT has more headroom though if you plan on practicing with your band.
Quote by I'mOnAPlain
The simple answer is, in my opinion, Peavey.
The long answer is more details please. Examples of Bands you want play, Budget- we could suggest alternatives etc.

Megadeth, Metallica, Slayer I'm on a budget of £200. I might be playing with a band as ell.
Vyper
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Gut reaction is obviously the Vypyr, but a lot of people keep claiming that the Mustangs do metal just as good or better. I've never tried one (or even seen one, actually), so I can't comment on how true that is.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Quote by Offworld92
Gut reaction is obviously the Vypyr, but a lot of people keep claiming that the Mustangs do metal just as good or better. I've never tried one (or even seen one, actually), so I can't comment on how true that is.

i had a vypyr 75 and hated it. got rid of it 6 months after buying it. yes, the mustang does do metal technically. same as i posted on another persons forum i will post here.

difference between the metal g-dec 3 and standard g-dec 3 = paint
difference between g-dec 3 and mustang = more onboard presets.
as soon as they are plugged into a computer, there is NO DIFFERENCE

so if u get the mustang and use the fender FUSE software, u can get any tone u want as well as tuners, backing tracks, lessons, metronomes... etc.

if u intend on gigging i'd say wait a while longer and get something that isnt a modeling amp. they are really made for home prcatice. one interesting thing that i leanred from my guitar teacher yesterday is that for alot of his live performances, he doesnt even use an amp. he uses amplitube and goes right from his laptop into the PA system. and he says that it sounds great.

so that may be another option for u
Don't know about the others, but I once tried a Valvetronix and it was great, and I play metal.
I have no sig
Vypyr.

/thread
Quote by Blompcube
it's so cool to hate Gibson, even the federal Department of Justice hates them.

( )( )
( . .) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
C('')('') signature to help him gain world domination.
Quote by ragingkitty
Vypyr.

/thread

Yeah because you can end a thread with making an opinionated response as to what amp does a certain genre better than another. You make me LAUGH! However I do agree that the Vypyr is the best of what you have suggested but there are plenty of better amps out there.
Quote by Tyler.Allain
Yeah because you can end a thread with making an opinionated response as to what amp does a certain genre better than another. You make me LAUGH! However I do agree that the Vypyr is the best of what you have suggested but there are plenty of better amps out there.

If you want to go with that argument, then your post is quite hypocritical isn't it?

My posts states my opinion of which would be the end-of-discussion opinion. Doesn't mean its right or wrong, just means that that's my take on the best amp among the 3.

Hell yeah, I can recommend a Dual Rec, that would blow the Vypyr out of the water, but if he doesn't have the money, then the recommendation is retarded. I'm being helpful in selecting one amp among the 3 he is considering. I don't see you making any constructive suggestions, hypocrite.

Grow up, hypocrite. The world doesn't revolve around your perception of how it should work.
Quote by Blompcube
it's so cool to hate Gibson, even the federal Department of Justice hates them.

( )( )
( . .) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
C('')('') signature to help him gain world domination.
Last edited by ragingkitty at May 24, 2011,
My vote's for the peavey no contest. Vox is second though. I've never used the fender but all the ones I have played left a bad taste in my mouth, absolutely cannot comment on this one though. If you can play them all at a music store somewhere that's probably the best way to go for personally you. Pick the one that you like the sound of the best.
Quote by ragingkitty
If you want to go with that argument, then your post is quite hypocritical isn't it?

My posts states my opinion of which would be the end-of-discussion opinion. Doesn't mean its right or wrong, just means that that's my take on the best amp among the 3.

Hell yeah, I can recommend a Dual Rec, that would blow the Vypyr out of the water, but if he doesn't have the money, then the recommendation is retarded. I'm being helpful in selecting one amp among the 3 he is considering. I don't see you making any constructive suggestions, hypocrite.

Grow up, hypocrite. The world doesn't revolve around your perception of how it should work.

You're ****ing full of yourself ain't you, you stupid ****ing ****.
Really Dethros? Reported again. Your threads are all going to be closed because you can't show respect.
Guitar/bass/mandolin stuff:
PRS SE Custom 24
PRS SE Paul Allender
Martin DCX1E
Squire Start
Memphis Bass
Johnson Savannah mando

Amp/effects/misc:
Digitech RP1000
Line 6 Spider Valve 212
Toneport Studio KB37

check out my last.fm!