Hi all,
I've got a fender stratocaster and I'd like to achieve the acdc sound
as far as i've understood I should put an humbucker at bridge,
can anyone suggest me whick humbucker to buy?

thx
What you really need is a new amp

Seriously amp is 95% of tone - what is your amp at the moment?
The only 6 words that can make you a better guitarist:

Learn theory
Practice better
Practice more
where the hell do people just get statistics like that? 95%?

amps are important but so are guitars...
how do you even know what amp he has. maybe he's rockin a jtm45. anyways i would gravitate towards some gibson 57' classics. they have a great classic rock sound, and emulate the sound that era of your band is known for.
Gibson 58 VOS, Gibson Rich Robinson ES-335, Fender Strat, Fender RoadWorn 50's Tele, Gibson LP Jr Special

Marshall JTM45, Fender BJR NOS
If got a strat with a sss setup then it will be very difficult to put in a humbucker since the pickup cavity is too small. Can we got more info?
Alright people, Move along - there is nothing to see.
"Or so you think..."
^ most strats (not all) are routed for a bridge humbucker...

get something paf-voiced.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
^^Depends, most of the MIM Fenders can fit a humbucker in the bridge at the least.

Gibson does make an Angus signature humbucker, but I can tell you from experience in putting a Gibson pickup in a strat that it will take some work. The screw retainers on the pickups hang really low and the screws are long. I had to cut the screw down shorter and even then the pickup had no room to move down into the cavity any further and stuck out too much (to close to the strings), so with a Gibson pickup you may find yourself routing the cavity deeper.

The easiest fit in my experience are Seymour Duncans, in particular the Trembucker models, since the string retaining brackets dont hang as low. Never tried Dimarzio's or any other brand. SD makes a great pickup so I'd start there. Try the tone wizard thing on their website too.
Last edited by chip46 at May 24, 2011,
Any PAF-style humbucker (traditional Gibson voice) should work. An F-spaced Duncan '59 is probably the easiest option.
Gibson ES-137C
Parker P8EN
AC Custom Special P Bass
Any slightly overwound A2 PAF.

A5 in a strat bridge would be too bassy and trebly IMO.
Everyone is entitled to an opinion.

Feel free to express yours so I can make an informed judgement about how stupid you are.
I think you will be hard-pressed to get an accurate ACDC sound with a strat. Strats are very quacky and just don't have the bite that comes from Angus's solid plank of mahogany (SG). That being said, you'll need something very darkly voiced.
LICKY, LICKY LOLLIPOP

Quote by soundjam
Which is why you eat funions. All the deliciousness of fried onions without disgusting lukewarm onion snake.
Depends on if you want Malcolm or Angus tone. The rhythm tone is all old Filtertrons.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

(512) Audio Engineering - Custom Pedal Builds, Mods and Repairs
If you have a more modern style bridge with the slightly closer string spacing, Seymour Duncan Seth Lover, Pearly Gates or Gibson Burst Bucker #2 will do you. If you need wider spacing, a Trembucker Pearly Gates without a metal cover will fit and sound good.

Really any Alnico 2 humbucker with slightly mismatched coils will do.

But yeah your amp is the most important thing for an AC/DC style tone. You want something single channel, mid gain, all tube. If you don't have that then you're going to struggle.
Quote by thejester
how do you even know what amp he has. maybe he's rockin a jtm45.

I don't think it was wrong for doive to make that assumption. This is UG: Epiphone and MG central.
Quote by mmolteratx
Depends on if you want Malcolm or Angus tone. The rhythm tone is all old Filtertrons.

good point.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?