I'm not sure if this is in the right place but if it's not feel free to move it, instead of closing it, thanks!

Now, is it okay to use the wire that's attached to a hifi speaker for connecting a head to a cab instead of using a dedicated speaker cable?

Aren't they both the same thing? I'm guessing that hifi speaker wire isn't shielded.

Appreciate your opinions, thanks!
What would be better is the AC zip cord. Like those you have on lamps, radios, etc.

About those speaker wires, they may not be heavy enough to handle the current.
Parker PDF30
Vox VT40+
Last edited by OldRocker at May 24, 2011,
Quote by Oldmonkeys
just use a paperclip rubberband combination... gives the best tone.

there is a reason they make speaker cables, get a real one

Does the colour of the rubberband matter? Because I only have green
Quote by OldRocker
What would be better is the AC zip cord. Like those you have on lamps, radios, etc.

Thanks Matey, you saved me having to hack up a good cable!
Quote by OldRocker

What do you mean handle the current? My HiFi amp puts out 300 watt at max, that's a lot more than my guitar amp.
How tight do you have to be to buy a head and cab and then not buy a dedicated cable for it.... there's no way you'd sink in the ocean dude cause you are water tight..!
Quote by WtrPlyr
What do you mean handle the current? My HiFi amp puts out 300 watt at max, that's a lot more than my guitar amp.

I said it may not because I don't know the power of your hifi.

In that case it's ok to use 'em.
Parker PDF30
Vox VT40+
Quote by WtrPlyr

FINALLY I get to use a "mines bigger than yours" comment
Cant do it much with an MG