Hey guys, I might be buying a used Epi Les Paul Standard and I have a few questions.

Is $465 (though I will try to get it to 400) a good price for it? Brand new they retail for about 750 - 1000 in Australia. It doesn't have any noticeable marks or damage and is only 3 or 4 years old. This would be my first electric, but I will take it to my old schools music teacher to make sure there's nothing wrong with it regarding sound, and If there is I will return it. The seller says everything is as it was when he/she bought it, but the pickups are black. I know this might be a dumb question, but I thought they were supposed to be silver? The stock images on stores all have silver pickups.

The amp I will buy will most likely be a Vox Da5, which is a practice amp, and I was wondering if that was a bad choice. I mean, would I be wasting the LP's potential? I don't need a loud amp, just one with good tone.

Last question which I know is probably obscure, but does anyone own the ampkit link? It's a guitar amp simulator, which connects your iPhone to your guitar, and then into headphones or a stereo or an amp. If anyone has it, does plugging it into an amp use the amps tone? Or will it just act as a speaker? Also does the guitar you plug into it matter? Or will it all sound the same?

Sorry if those questions are hard to answer, but I could really use some help.
Maybe they used other pickuos on earlier models of the guitar? And if the pickups aren't standard, who knows, they might be better? Epiphone dont always use the most high quality pickups anyway.

Regarding the amp, I have never tried it, but battery powered amps dosent sit quite right with me. I would buy something bigger and most likely better. (I would stay with Vox though, they make lovely amps).

I assume you would plug the ampkit into a minijack port in the amp, if so it would just act like a speaker, i have no idea of what happens if you plug it into the guitar channels though.

And lastly, yes, the guitar you plug in does matter.
Quote by Honkern
Maybe they used other pickuos on earlier models of the guitar? And if the pickups aren't standard, who knows, they might be better? Epiphone dont always use the most high quality pickups anyway.

Regarding the amp, I have never tried it, but battery powered amps dosent sit quite right with me. I would buy something bigger and most likely better. (I would stay with Vox though, they make lovely amps).

I assume you would plug the ampkit into a minijack port in the amp, if so it would just act like a speaker, i have no idea of what happens if you plug it into the guitar channels though.

And lastly, yes, the guitar you plug in does matter.

So you own an ampkit link? Would you reccomend it?
I have an amp kit link and have the free versions of amp kit and amplitube on iPad and iPhone.

I don't like either and think the tone blows. I was totally put off buying the apps and add ons. There's this dude called Larsen who can really hurt your ears too (Google Larsen effect).

If it's a small cheap modeller you are after that's portable, get a pocket pod. Or if you can, save up for an amp which suits the music you want to play and depth of your pocket.
I own Ampkit, Its very, very good for the price. The range of sounds you can make is astounding.

As said VOX make great amps, in answer to your question YES the amp will add its own tone over the Ampkit although its not a big problem as you can dial most of that out on Ampkit.
Epi Les Pauls are also a great guitar for the price. Defiantly with spending extra to get it set up for you though.