Hey guys, I just got some cash and am thinkin about buyin a new guitar amp.
I play thrash metal, mostly Metallica, Megadeth, Slayer, Kreator, Exodus..
I got 350€, the one I use right now sucks, but works as practice amp, I want to use this one for gigs.
Any suggestions?
Thanks!
Idk what Euros is converted to USD and i'm too lazy to find out myself but if you have enough $ (600$ to be exact) you can get just about any metal distortion from the peavey 6505 combo 112 and have it sounding amazing.
Quote by InVainmetal
http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Randall-Kirk-Hammett-KH75-75W-1x12-Guitar-Combo-Amp?sku=582326

Try to get one of these used... its not a tube amp.... but ists kirk hammet... wich is probly the sound your going for so... hit it up.

That amplifier is horrible.

TS, you could try to save up a bit more and then hunt for used Marshall combos? I think that you could achieve your sound with a Marshall JCM800.
Gear pics

Quote by Cathbard
Bugera cloning Blackstar is a scandal cloaked in a tragedy making love to a nightmare.

Peavey Vypyr's aren't bad. I have one and it's the best amp I've ever owned. You can get all kinds of metal sounds out of it. Although it's a modeling amp, and probably doesn't model the amps it claims to the exact specs, it does give you plenty of options for creating a sound you want. Good luck!
Used bugera 6260, plenty of gain and a tight low end to it,
Sorry i'm late, but my walk has got terribly silly today
^ second this guy that early thrash tone is all British-voiced high gain and the Bugera should do that no problem.
Current Rig:

Eppy SG w/Swineheads, Marshall DSL 5c, Joyo Vintage OD, Joyo British Sound, Sounds Sounds Fuzz Face, GGG Guv'nor, Dr. Boogie Pedal, Crybaby in Red Sparkle, Digitech Hardwire Delay

The things I would do for a Les Paul...
What do you guys think about Peavey Vypyr, say 60w?
I heard some Metallica covers with it, sound pretty damn good.
I think 60w will be enough for room practice, band rehearsal and small gigs, it's also not that expensive.
Quote by jkielq91
Bugera 1990 with a boost, it will do you better than a 6260. The 6260 is a more American voiced amp, when thrash is usually British voiced. The 1990 is based on a Marshall JCM, which is the original thrash amp.

1990 is a jcm900 clone
jcm900s are crap.
Apart from the slx
but the 1990 is not an slx clone.
Quote by metallicafréak
What do you guys think about Peavey Vypyr, say 60w?
I heard some Metallica covers with it, sound pretty damn good.
I think 60w will be enough for room practice, band rehearsal and small gigs, it's also not that expensive.

Do it. I like mine
I've been looking into this too, and at the moment I think the JCA22H (when it comes out) or the JCA50/100H would be very good for a cheap thrash amp. The 22 is priced at about $399 when it's released (apparently next month) which is about 280€ which fits into your budget.