Page 1 of 4
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20110524/ap_on_re_us/us_apocalypse_saturday

Really? This guy needs to give up.

The 89-year-old retired civil engineer also prophesied the Apocalypse would come in 1994, but said later that didn't happen then because of a mathematical error.

Ouch, he needs to learn how to do math.

Discuss.
Last edited by metallica #1 at May 24, 2011,
Quote by PotBellyShogun
lol as if anyone's gonna listen to that loser now

What are you talking about? It was a simple mathematical error. Anyone could have done it. I've seen my maths teacher do it frequently in class. His logic and method is sound, and he's corrected the error. I was prepared for last Saturday, and I'm going to make sure I'm prepared for October 21st.
this guy needs to bite the dust.

Harold Camping, who predicted that 200 million Christians would be taken to heaven Saturday before catastrophe struck the planet, apologized Monday evening for not having the dates "worked out as accurately as I could have."

seriously? he's blaming his math? you'd think the guy would fucking double check his shit before he releases this joke of an estimate

this jerk hole is taking advantage of people that want to believe, and is making christianity look bad.
Click here to hear my BOB DYLAN (Blowing in the Wind) out right now May 2k17
Let's make it a good one guys.
dirtbag ballet by the bins down the alley
as i walk through the chalet of the shadow of death
everything that you've come to expect

I totally believe it now!
R.I.P. M.C.A.
Tweet at me bro
lushacrous loves you
Quote by blake1221
Don't be ludicrous, lushacrous.
Quote by Gunpowder
that joke regarding your username was NOT originally posted by blake1221. That was a Gunpowder original.

I INVOKE SOPA TO SMITE YE FOR THIS FALSEHOOD.
Quote by laid-to-waste

seriously? he's blaming his math? you'd think the guy would fucking double check his shit before he releases this joke of an estimate

It was a simple error, probably something like writing + instead of -, or maybe misreading a 17 as a 19. At least he's fixed it now.
i wonder what he will say on 22nd of october
now extra flamey
While this is all bullshit, I would like to remind you all that October 21 was always his proposed date for the end of the world. May 21 was the day of judgment, October 21 was the end of the world. Everyone is acting like this is new information. Do some damn research.

EDIT: Bolded and enlarged for clarity.

DON'T MAKE ME DESTROY YOU!

TURN OFF YOUR MIND RELAX AND FLOAT DOWNSTREAM

Quote by Scumbag1792
My God, this must be the smartest/greatest guy ever.
Last edited by -xCaMRocKx- at May 24, 2011,
Quote by PotBellyShogun
you had best be trolling

I'm not trolling. Camping has shown solid proof and evidence for the apocalypse/Second-Coming.
Quote by Baby Joel
It was a simple error, probably something like writing + instead of -, or maybe misreading a 17 as a 19. At least he's fixed it now.

both explanations are extremely stupid. he's now responsible for multiple suicide attempts and people crashing from false hope, and his rationale is he got the math wrong? come october 21st, i predict:

sorry guys, i accidentally wrote a 6 instead of a 9. shit happens all the time. i'm old and lonely, if you guys can donate £30 to my paypal, i can buy the pens and pencils required to re-write this heavenly equation.
Click here to hear my BOB DYLAN (Blowing in the Wind) out right now May 2k17
Quote by -xCaMRocKx-
While this is all bullshit, I would like to remind you all that October 21 was always his proposed date for the end of the world. May 21 was the day of judgment, October 21 was the end of the world. Everyone is acting like this is new information. Do some damn research.

Came here to say that.

But I still think it's a load of BS of course.
Isn't it a pity?
Now, isn't it a shame?
How we break each other's hearts,
And cause each other pain...

"Music is everybody's possession. It's only publishers who think that people own it." - John Lennon
Besides, shouldn't all you people be happy he was wrong? This error gave you guys like five more months to live. That's five less months of eternal hellfire and torment.
But there's still time.
Quote by -xCaMRocKx-

This. I'm glad someone else was paying attention
3rd time lucky I suppose.
I guess this gives me time to repent, what kind things does Jesus like?
Quote by PotBellyShogun
lol as if anyone's gonna listen to that loser now

SEE? AGAIN!
I fell asleep on my arm once, scariest thing that ever happened to me. I thought it was kill.
Quote by -xCaMRocKx-

this (bolded and enlarged so even more people will notice)
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
Quote by Spartan101400
I've said it a million times already, no one can predict the Rapture/Apocalypse, it's impossible to predict.

Imagine this as a Troll Science (lol science):

Predict the world ends tomorrow every day

The world never ends!

Sorry I'm too lazy to make it
R.I.P. M.C.A.
Tweet at me bro
lushacrous loves you
Quote by blake1221
Don't be ludicrous, lushacrous.
Quote by Gunpowder
that joke regarding your username was NOT originally posted by blake1221. That was a Gunpowder original.

I INVOKE SOPA TO SMITE YE FOR THIS FALSEHOOD.
Quote by -xCaMRocKx-

I even made it bigger for more emphasis!
Quote by Dirge Humani
I even made it bigger for more emphasis!

OMG NO WAI!

DON'T MAKE ME DESTROY YOU!

TURN OFF YOUR MIND RELAX AND FLOAT DOWNSTREAM

Quote by Scumbag1792
My God, this must be the smartest/greatest guy ever.
Don't worry guys, he's really old.
He's most likely senile now. I'm not sure why people take a senile 89 year old man seriously anyway, especially when he claims to predict the end of the world.
He's no different than most of the old senile people in any old folks home.

Anyway, since he is so old he's likely to die soon, so we won't have to hear any of this anymore.
Quote by lushacrous
Imagine this as a Troll Science (lol science):

Predict the world ends tomorrow every day

The world never ends!

Sorry I'm too lazy to make it

I would actually love to see that one made
Isn't numerology like a sin or something? Taking the blind out of faith...?

That and the whole put no idols before me thing... When people buy into this shtick aren't they doing just that?
Quote by Powerhouse
I was in a nu-metal band when I was 15. I hated the top 3 strings (G,B, and E). I wondered why guitars even had them.
Quote by -xCaMRocKx-

MOTHERFUCKING THANK YOU. Don't act like someones a COMPLETE idiot (even though he is), unless you know what the fuck you're talking about.
Quote by THEdevilYOUknow
No, it's plain science, women are evil

Quote by MB343
Women = time x money
time = money
Money = √evil
women = √evil x √evil
women = evil
i'd rather stay here and die than ascend to heaven with crazy christians like him anyway
I wonder what percentage of the population actually believes this guy. I'd like to think it's some minuscule numbers but I don't want to underestimate how gullible some people can be.
Quote by JD.15
i'd rather stay here and die than ascend to heaven with crazy christians like him anyway

like this?

i doubt that God wants that old crackpot fool anymore than we do.
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
THAT"S MY BIRTHDAY!
bolded and enlarged, because I can.
That would be an epic birthday present if the world did end! But unfortunately it wont
The Voices made me post that

Hi everybody it's me, Facebones!

Page 1 of 4