Hey UG,

A friend of mine is coming over from the USA and I was thinking about getting him to bring over some stuff since it's cheaper there and some of it you just can't get here in Lithuania.

I've been wanting to replace the plastic nut on my Epiphone G400, is this one any good?

http://www.guitarcenter.com/ProLine-G-Style-Graphite-Slotted-Nut-H70947-i1757484.gc

Also since most of my saddles have burrs in them I was thinking about getting a new bridge all together.

Are the Graph Tech Resomax, or Full Contact hardware bridges + tailpieces worth the price? Do they produce a noticeable difference in the sound?

Basically what I'm trying to do is squeeze the most I can get out of the guitar so it's very resonant and nice sounding even when played acoustically. Getting a good bridge and nut will hopefully do the trick.
Quote by Roc8995
Kirk Hammett should just build a wah into his goddam shoes.

Quote by dyingdivinity
wat is pokemanz?
I can't seem to find any sizing specs on that nut. Graphite is a good choice though. As for the hardware, Epiphone bridges are not compatible with everything else. You'll need to take some measurements and see if the holes line up right.
Quote by inkandlead
I can't seem to find any sizing specs on that nut. Graphite is a good choice though. As for the hardware, Epiphone bridges are not compatible with everything else. You'll need to take some measurements and see if the holes line up right.

Epiphone bridges aren't compatible with anything else? What gives man !?
Quote by Roc8995

Quote by dyingdivinity
wat is pokemanz?
They are probably compatible with a bunch of things. But you'll need to know the measurements before you commit to buying something. I've had to modify more than a few tune-o-matic's to fit them onto Epihones. They have larger mounting holes and the spacing from hole to hole is not a standardized thing.

EDIT:
Upon research it does look like one of the graphtech models will work you'll just need to figure out which one it is.
Last edited by inkandlead at May 24, 2011,
well that's nice to hear.
And how about the sound? Would there be a noticeable difference from the stock bridge?
Quote by Roc8995

Quote by dyingdivinity
wat is pokemanz?
Should be. You can do lots of reading on the ratio of resonance to mass of a bridge and all sorts of things about the metal used and stuff. I'd say on an upgrade to that from and Epi there will be benefits.