Whas the deal? Is yall down with the funk or not?

Sly & The Family Stone
Funkadelic - Parliament
Theme from "Shaft" - Isaac Hayes
Superfly - Curtis Mayfield
Stevie Wonder
Meters
Herbie Hancock
Michael Jackson
Ohio Players
War
Average White Band
Kool & The Gang
Tower of Power
Gap Band
Slide - Slave
Brothers Johnson
The Jam and Water - Graham Central Station
Dr. John
Fantastic Voyage - Lakeside
Bar-Kays
Bootsy's Rubber Band
Willie Hutch
Lonnie Liston Smith & The Cosmic Echoes
Donald Byrd
Mtume
Cameo
Bob James
Mandrill
The Blackbyrds
Roy Ayers
The Headhunters
James Brown
Fatback
Herbie Hancock
Dukey Stick - George Duke
Maceo Parker

These are a bunch of artists that fit my fancy, some are more party-ish, some are jazzy. Some blogs around the net have links to albums you can download and listen to. I know this isn't the place to ask for requests, but if you tab stuff by these artists you get mad respect from me.

Like the funk?
Average White Band yeaaaahh!!

I've been looking for some funk lately, definitely gonna check this list out.
Average White Band- AWB (1974):
http://www.4shared.com/get/LU8U76JQ/Average_White_Band_-_AWB__1974.html

I'm sorry if I'm not supposed to post links. I can take it down .

We need more people to jump in on this, you guitarists should like this funky shish:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KRj02qk1K0o&feature=related
Tommy Bolin was in Deep Purple and James Gang, here he's playing some jazz-funk/fusion with the jazzy drummer Alphonse Mouzon as bandleader. Fun tune to ride around to.
Last edited by FunkBobba at May 24, 2011,
That whole Funkadelic album is good. Eddie Hazel has mad chops. Like a less popular Hendrix. Cosmic Slop is good too. All guitarists need to do the research on the funk guitar champ Eddie Hazel.
Last edited by FunkBobba at May 24, 2011,
Since I love funk and I'm sure you all do I will share the most epic vinyl crate digging youtube channel.

This thing has got like pure funk from almost every country even poland haha and its all era appropriate and not post-funk garbage.

Check it out haha http://www.youtube.com/tuberider1976

Whoever this guy is he is awesome for finding all these forgotten tracks and putting them up so we could find em
Yeah, the channels I mention have a lot of requests from viewers and aren't always the greatest stuff if you aren't interested in the lame disco sound of the 80's.

Good contributions all-around.

Funk is amazing; I hope it does for your musicianship what it does for mine.

Hopefully this will be a good thread to get people associated with the funk.
Quote by HelpTravesty
Looks like the funk died

Now that's just something that I can't allow...
Quote by NosralTserrof
Look at all the stars! **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** ****
It's always great to know there are other Sly and Funkadelic fans around the place. My favourite Sly album has to be Stand! and my favourite Funkadelic would be Free Your Mind And Your Ass Will Follow.
I freakin love the meters, sly, james, and TOP. Buddy guy gets real funkyy if you see him live.

bring it so funky you can smell it
Of course the chili peppers aren't yet cool, give it ten years and they'll be every dads favourite band