I would not suggest beta blockers. Do some research and you will see why. They can become extremely addictive and eventually harmful.
"For we are nothing without brotherhood and brotherhood is nothing without our brothers" -We Came As Romans
Quote by rjambi
Please watch my youtube video and tell me your pinon on it. It inst music its me explaining something I m dealing with. Any help would be appreciated.

http://www.youtube.com/user/rjambi?feature=mhum

My guess is that experience and being prepared will do alot more for you than beta-blockers.

Everyone gets nervous. I suggest dealing with it naturally.
shred is gaudy music
i know what you mean, i'm the same (but maybe not to the same extent) i definitely feel it's help me back too. i wouldn't recommend beta blockers or anything like that although i've used them before, never felt they were much use. as some o the guys said, i'd recommend trying to get over it without the use of anything, except maybe a drink of two might loosen up the nerves.

what's your musical background? where have you played etc? one thing you might try is setting yourself a short playlist (like 3 songs) and just play it for your dad or something, then play for maybe a few friends very informally, then start working towards maybe a setlist you could play at a house party, build it up like that over and over again, try to get experience but not in pressurising situations, build up to that sorta stuff.