i found a tick stuck on me this morning and i gasped
i gasped! i gasped!
i gasped! i gasped!
i gasped! i gasped!
i gasped! i gasped!

i am a log with mushrooms growing!

i picked off the tick and gobbled it up.
it was not a very good mushroom

alas, i am not a very good log.
Quote by Arthur Curry
it's official, vintage x metal is the saving grace of this board and/or the antichrist

e-married to
theguitarist
minterman22
tateandlyle
& alaskan_ninja

Simply beautiful.
Quote by slash11896
I picked up my guitar this morning and started playing next thing i know i cant stop playing In the key of A, the first letter or her name, I ended up recording a whole song in A.

Quote by WhiskeyFace
I like women with balls.
Bob Dylan would be jealous.
Seattle Seahawks

Quote by chookiecookie
i feel like you have an obsession with aubrey plaza.

Quote by WCPhils
at least we can all agree SGstriker is the woooooooooooooooooooooorst
u fuckers take me srsly omg!!!!! i m ngry!!!

nah really though, there's more behind this than you might think. there might be less behind this than you might think though. idk. idk what you think.
Quote by Arthur Curry
it's official, vintage x metal is the saving grace of this board and/or the antichrist

e-married to
theguitarist
minterman22
tateandlyle
& alaskan_ninja

meh I was high when I typed it but not when I thought of it; you'll have better luck finding headband with a local dealer than with me unless you want to travel to virginia which I don't suggest you doing. I will kick you, hard. thought of this in the shower. I'm disappointed no one attempted to find meaning in this but it is kind of for laughs too so whatever pleases you, really.
Quote by Arthur Curry

e-married to
theguitarist
minterman22
tateandlyle
& alaskan_ninja

Loving the symbolism there... The layout really helps emphasise the ideas and emotions
you better not be on drugs around the puppy. I'll have child services (i.e. me) come to Virginia and take her away!
So...
Mushrooms are to logs what ticks are to humans??

And the healthiest ticks are the ones that latch onto the healthiest human...therefore, the bad mushroom was only bad because the log wasn't healthy??

I think my head just asploded...
Seattle Seahawks

Quote by chookiecookie
i feel like you have an obsession with aubrey plaza.

Quote by WCPhils
at least we can all agree SGstriker is the woooooooooooooooooooooorst
without out all the spacing i woulda just thought "wtf is this shit?" but with all the spacing i think "wow spacing he must be clever or something" so i come to the conclusion that when you write absolutely nothing I'm actually interested, please continue writing nothing
lol. well I can offer a level of explanation as grounds to work off of. I don't really want to explain my work because it's its own person after it's been expelled from me but hell, why not

a lot of the style is going for general insanity. there's a sense of self-obsession and unstoppable reflection that continues - think of yourself when you're in a weird mood and maybe slap happy and think about slightly ****ed up shit and we'll be on the same page. now just think of being like that always. the speaker is reflective but still 'off'.
as far as the mushroom and log goes, maybe think along the lines of our relation to nature and how humans are in comparison to other beings. a log would not eat its own mushroom but rather foster it with its existence; logs do not have intent though and neither do mushrooms (as far as I know) and while they may live in harmony, they do not think about it. the speaker is lost in thoughts that come off as rather insane and more like vomit than musings - she also eats the tick, disregarding any sense of harmony with the tick, maybe in a crazy fit, or maybe out of boredom. most likely both. she is compelled by the tick or at least interested enough by it to think of it, and still after these considerations they could not be together the way mindless logs and mushrooms cooperate even without consideration of each other.

so, general themes -
coexistence in nature
contrast of humans and other beings
consciousness and how it relates to the above
insanity
insanity as a product of heightened consciousness

i found a tick on my stomach in the shower while i was in a hotel one morning. i didn't eat it.
Quote by Arthur Curry

e-married to
theguitarist
minterman22
tateandlyle
& alaskan_ninja

also i just enjoy how the words look and sound together.
Quote by Arthur Curry

e-married to
theguitarist
minterman22
tateandlyle
& alaskan_ninja

I refuse to read the explanation. I like it just how it is.
OBEY THE MIGHTY SHITKICKER
didn't read the explanation. but what I got from it disregarding the surface level was actually really depressing. it might just be my mindset but it comes off as a commentary on the absurdity of simple life in a way, and how monotonously pointless it is, each thing growing off of one another when in fact evolution and life do not dictate in and of themselves if it is a good thing or not- that a race of ostriches with six arms could take over the planet if their genes willed it to be so and not much would be different. that nature is not a prerequisite for beauty.

at least from that I enjoyed this. you channel whitman (punctuation/feel-wise) very well here.
Quote by Sticky Tissues
didn't read the explanation. but what I got from it disregarding the surface level was actually really depressing. it might just be my mindset but it comes off as a commentary on the absurdity of simple life in a way, and how monotonously pointless it is, each thing growing off of one another when in fact evolution and life do not dictate in and of themselves if it is a good thing or not- that a race of ostriches with six arms could take over the planet if their genes willed it to be so and not much would be different. that nature is not a prerequisite for beauty.

at least from that I enjoyed this. you channel whitman (punctuation/feel-wise) very well here.

mmm attaboy. i am pleased.
Quote by Arthur Curry

e-married to
theguitarist
minterman22
tateandlyle
& alaskan_ninja