Hi Guys,

I'm a little stuck in buying an amp at the minute? I'm thinking of a Thunder 30 or a Rocker 30.
My goal is to create a pop/rock sound. What's out there?

Thanks.
Quote by zirkonflex
used 5150

/assuming you have a cab.

I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Oh yeah EVERY pop rock band should use 5150s...

TS 700 is a pretty decent budget for a nice head.
laney vh100r can go from nice cleans to good gain... If you go used you'll have LOTS of change as well but i think you can get a new one for 700?

orange could probably do what you want.

Honestly you're best try out a bunch of amps and decide.
I'm thinking the Rocker 30 would work for what you want. They are more than capable of the "pop" distortion that you're after and more.

I believe the TH30 is suppose to be a little heavier.

But if you can try them out side by side do so, because they're both great amps.

Good luck!
Orange Rockerverb 100MKII
Orange PPC412C
Fender Telecaster: Hotrails, Air Norton, Area '58
Bass big muff
Russian big muff
Boss OC-3
Boss DD-3
I just ordered a TH30 for this! Love it! It's like a rocker 30, with more gain, and an FX Loop! I'd say go try it out though, i was a little off put by the single 'shape' knob, but after trying it out, i love it!
Gear:-
Mesa Single Rectifier
Marshall DSL50 (In the process of modding!)
Fender 2x12 Deville
Marshall 1960 (V30's)
Gibson SG Standard
Gibson SG Special
Fender 'Marcus Miller' Jazz Bass

My Band
Juturna

Th30 has more jangly warm cleans, better suited for pop rock. But the R30 deffinately does the low gain crunch better.

I'd get an AC30 if i was you, cause itd do both.
a Vox Classic Plus because of the heavier gain channel that does sound a little marshally to my ears
Current Rig:

Eppy SG w/Swineheads, Marshall DSL 5c, Joyo Vintage OD, Joyo British Sound, Sounds Sounds Fuzz Face, GGG Guv'nor, Dr. Boogie Pedal, Crybaby in Red Sparkle, Digitech Hardwire Delay

The things I would do for a Les Paul...
Quote by zirkonflex
used 5150

/assuming you have a cab.

id ignore that suggestion :/
Sorry i'm late, but my walk has got terribly silly today
Vox would be a good shout.

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
I really like all your advice! Thanks!
But, it's pretty torn between the Rocker30 and the TH30 in here!

Would you guys suggest I just try them both out?!
sure...

i've only tried the rocker...

i think the thunder is a bit heavier while the rocker is a bit better at the lower gain stuff? could be way off on that, though (as i said, haven't tried it).
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Try em, I own the TH30, played the rocker a while ago.

Personally i think those amps together fill in where the other lacks.

You're still compramizing on something. If you do try them out you'll see what i mean. You'll be impressed no doubt, but you may find you want the fuller crunch from the rocker, with the chime-y cleans from the TH30. And at that point id reccomend you walk over to the AC30s Better yet, try find a AC15 handwired. (the white ones)
Quote by Dave_Mc

I lol'd
Ibanez RGR421EXFM >> Maxon OD808 >> BOSS NS-2 >> Peavey 5150 212
Quote by DroptuneD
I lol'd

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?