Horrahhh!

The day a lot of you wished came MUCH earlier. I apoligise for alllllll of the needless "what amp""What amp for me" etc threads

I got this now about 4/5 days ago. Haven't had time to post a NAD.

The ORANGE ROCKER 30!!!!

My part-time job meaning I have no ly-ins on the weekend has paid off!

I had to replace the power tubes as one of them was dying with some groove tubes and sounds so nice!

The clean is a little TOO clean for me. I like grit on the clean as my Laney made me love which I sold yesturday To compensate, a landlord of a pub we played a few weeks ago gave us 2 pedals on top of paying us well. It was a Cool Cat drive and an old ibanez chorus tank or something. So I use the cool cat on the drive and sounds exactly how I want it to!

The drive is immense. I compared my Laney's drive with the rockers and there was a clear favourite. Of course my Laney had HEAPS of gain, MUCH more than you'd ever need or want, but the Orange is much fatter, meatier, and agressive. I love it.

I'm more than happy with my purchase. Its exactly what I needed. A reliable amp too. Thank you to everyone who has helped me decide and what not

Here are some very rubbish pictures off my girlfriends phone...

Yes I am hoovering it ha ha. I needed to sand something down a bit. My girlfriend found this a bit too much

EDIT: I wanted an fx loop too. But it takes modulation pedals well! I've only tried a delay, chorus and flange though
Last edited by moominman2 at May 24, 2011,
pull up your pants.

Hnad!
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
very nice

^ +1 on the not showing gratuitous pics of your ass in your next NAD thread...
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
very nice

^ +1 on the not showing gratuitous pics of your ass in your next NAD thread...

Originally posted by primusfan
When you crank up the gain to 10 and switch to the lead channel, it actually sounds like you are unjustifiably bombing an innocent foreign land.

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
hahaha

great NAD

the tv program looks like guitar hero xD
guitar hero is without a amp and a REAL guitar xD xD xD
Quote by RetroGunslinger
using nines for drop C# is like stringing the guitar with spaghetti

My Colourful Rig:
ESP M-ii Deluxe
ENGL E570
Mesa/Boogie Simul 295 Stereo
Framus FR212 v30
Quote by InanezGuitars44

seriously, though, nice score
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
in my defence i did say do not want...
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by moominman2
This site worrys me...

you never met AM!!

what tv programme is it?

and we prefer talking about everything exept amps, that's why this site is so cool

why u had to pick up the soap?
Quote by RetroGunslinger

My Colourful Rig:
ESP M-ii Deluxe
ENGL E570
Framus FR212 v30
Last edited by Tunder250 at May 24, 2011,
i said pull them up!

you're the one sticking your ars out.

srsly, very nice amp.
haha but I've gotten more comments on my arse than my amp :P

Thank you gregs!

I have no idea what was on TV...I didn't choose as I was busy with my amp so thought i'd let my girl choose to keep herself occupied . Probably some rubbish about crappy celebrities or britains got talent or some shit haha.
your amp looks niiice,
any sound samples coming?
Sorry i'm late, but my walk has got terribly silly today
did you seriously take it apart to vaccuum it out?

i swear that's what it looks like you are doing in the second pic.

because that's only going to make the cleans, cleaner.
Quote by gregs1020

Punalicious
Quote by gregs1020

Haha good one, good one!

I sanded something down with the amp out. I didn't take it out to especially hoover it that's a mother move haha
Happy new ass day
Gear
Bugera 6262 Head
Harley Benton G212 Vintage
Ibanez RGA 121 Prestige
ESP LTD DJ600
Fender USA Stratecaster
Maxon O808
TC Electronic Flashback Delay
ISP Decimator
MXR 10 Band EQ
Boss T-U3 Tuner Pedal
Quote by Adam124
Happy new ass day

lmao

this is the best nad thread in a long time, and without any real good pics, review or clips.

Quote by gregs1020
lmao

this is the best nad thread in a long time, and without any real good pics, review or clips.

I've been slacking.

Everyone is entitled to an opinion.

Feel free to express yours so I can make an informed judgement about how stupid you are.
congrats. I'd love to read a second post after you play your first show with it. When I got mine almost 5 years ago I was thrilled on NAD but the first time I played a show was the day I really felt giddy about my new am - knowing that other people were going to here how much better it was than my old Crate SS GFX head =).

As far as the cleans being "too clean" you can remedy that by simply cranking the volume and getting that great natural breakup. I'm assuming you don't have that luxury at home for fear of angering neighbors, roommates, girlfriend, etc. but try it out when your practicing with a drummer.

Finally I found that the amp can comfortably handle up to 4 or 5 pedals out in front before you start to get unwanted hum. For recording that number drops to 3 or 4.
Gibson SG Standard
Orange Rocker 30 combo
Fulltone OCD
EH Holy Grail
Last edited by rockxwl at May 24, 2011,
Thanks I have a festival i'm playing next weekend. I had a gig with it last week, but couldn't crank it there! So the outside festival is perfect!

I'm sure it'll breakup and that kinda volume i'll need too.

I'm pretty suprised how well it handles pedals. I don't actually miss an fx loop!

Quote by gregs1020
lmao

Thank you, thank you
you have clipzzzz?
Quote by RetroGunslinger

My Colourful Rig:
ESP M-ii Deluxe
ENGL E570
Framus FR212 v30