I want a tone like this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Lqsx2Jn4hE and I already got the fuzz pedal he uses but I can't get it to sound like that at all with the amp I have. So what would be a good amp for me? I would also like to be able to play metallica and some stuff like that also velvet revolver and other hard rock. And people have told me before to get the 6505 combo but I don't have the money for that and I don't think that would be good for me.

Any help is appreciated
COOLEST GUITAR EVER!
Peavey: Vypyr 15W
ESP: H-1001
Guitar Rig 5 with Kontrol
Eleven rack
Fender blues Jr III
Gibson Les Paul Studio Pro
Daredevil 77 IC Op-Amp Fuzz
Last edited by NIN1993 at May 24, 2011,
google the guys name and premier guitar setup. u should be able to find his exact gear and settings
Quote by andrerist
google the guys name and premier guitar setup. u should be able to find his exact gear and settings

I've tried that and all I could find is that he uses Marshall and Mesa that's about
COOLEST GUITAR EVER!
Eleven rack
Fender blues Jr III
if its a marshall, its pretty likely he's using a jcm or a plexi. jcm are's pretty versatile. if ur willing to shell out the money i'd say go with the jcm cuz that'll be pretty versaitle for u. if u want to try and keep a lower budget, check out the vht amps. i have a special 6 ultra and play pretty much all metalcore. u'll need to get another pedal for higher gain stuff (i use an mxr fullbore and would absolutely reccomend it). but it's an all tube amp. u can get it either as a head or combo. and the best part is, its wicked inexpensive and a nice size. i paid $340 for the amp, plus $100 for the pedal and i absolutely love it
Quote by andrerist
if its a marshall, its pretty likely he's using a jcm or a plexi. jcm are's pretty versatile. if ur willing to shell out the money i'd say go with the jcm cuz that'll be pretty versaitle for u. if u want to try and keep a lower budget, check out the vht amps. i have a special 6 ultra and play pretty much all metalcore. u'll need to get another pedal for higher gain stuff (i use an mxr fullbore and would absolutely reccomend it). but it's an all tube amp. u can get it either as a head or combo. and the best part is, its wicked inexpensive and a nice size. i paid $340 for the amp, plus $100 for the pedal and i absolutely love it

that sounds pretty good but I can't find any demo videos of the combo. is the pedal worth $100? it looks like it just turns on the boost
COOLEST GUITAR EVER!
Eleven rack
Fender blues Jr III
Last edited by NIN1993 at May 25, 2011,
the mxr fullbore? hell ya its worth it. that thing has so much gain on tap its not even funny. u'll get a metallica tone at about halfway. it has a built in noise gait and mid scoop button. and huge amounts of EQ. level, frequency (adjusts wat is scooped out wen the mid scoop is engaged), gain, lows, mids, highs. this thing is an amazing pedal and amazing for the price. mxr makes really good shit.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GmJUaRNPS-0

this is a pretty good showing of the pedal and its sounds. if u want more specific stuff i can figure out a way to send some more specific things about tone to u
I believe robin Is using JCM2000s with a fuzz infront of it, is a TSL100 model which don't usually run too high a price used; you may be able to find a nice deal locally.

(Invalid img)
Last edited by Terrible-Lie at May 25, 2011,
Quote by Terrible-Lie
I believe robin Is using JCM2000s with a fuzz infront of it, is a TSL100 model which don't usually run too high a price used; you may be able to find a nice deal locally.

(Invalid img)

thanks a lot for the info. do you know when and where that picture is from?
COOLEST GUITAR EVER!
Eleven rack
Fender blues Jr III
Is it just me or does that sound like the signature Nickelback sound???

I didn't ask for your opinion on Nickelback!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I have to mention this because everyone on UG hates them....
Quote by FEngHLyan

She will join the prom.

She insists to wear this lights.

I don't think so.

How can I persuade her?
The fuzz could be on top of a little bit of amp distortion.

Or alternatively, he might even be using different pedals in that recording. Big time guitar players can change gear like you or I change a shirt.

Also keep in mind that because it's a studio recording, it's going to be very difficult for you to replicate that sound live without a lot of tweaking and similar gear.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??