Page 1 of 2
I play worse when I play in front of a person or a couple of people. I've never played in front of a crowd, although I probably would play well, because of the energy and excitement.
alcohol
Fender Stratocaster USA Deluxe 2005
MIJ Fender Contemporary Stratocaster '85-'86 HSS System I DiMarzio SD Bridge
Epiphone 2010 Les Paul Tribute
Ibanez AW30ECE Acoustic
Line 6 IV 75w (lol)
all of the above
Quote by RazorTheAwesome
Lol at Bender

Quote by So-Cal

Quote by theguitarist

I got to warn you for spam though...

Quote by Shredoftheday
Nicely put good sir

I witnessed Night Of The Pear 2
I think it's an issue of just being used to playing in front of people. I'm not sure, my stage fright just kind of faded away, I do still get a bit nervous, but most of the time I'm OK.
Isn't it a pity?
Now, isn't it a shame?
How we break each other's hearts,
And cause each other pain...

"Music is everybody's possession. It's only publishers who think that people own it." - John Lennon
Practice until you know that you are good. Playing in front of strangers is much easier than playing for your own people. For the most part, you never see the strangers again but your friends will always remind you of the time you ****ed up.
Arguing on the Internet is a lot like being in the Special Olympics. Even if you win you're still retarded
sobriety
Quote by Night
wtf is a selfie? is that like, touching yourself or something?
i hasve found that playing in front of 1 or 2 people is way harder than playing on stage. on stage its a crowd but in fornt of 1 or 2 people its... well, people. people are scary and people judge you. a crowd ain't shit.

at least thats how I have always found it to be. I suggest drugs and alcohol. whiskey and valium works well. opr tequila and speed. depends on the style of music.
no sir away a papaya war is on
In all seriousness, you just have to go up there and do it over and over until it doesn't phase you.
Founder of the EHX Users Guild
My Photography

Quote by Kyle-Rehm
Please don't tell me I'm the only one that clicked this thread thinking I would learn how to make my guitar sound like a grizzly bear.
Heroin is probably the best.
Try getting Chlamydia as well, it helps with confidence, knowing it's symptomless.
Check out my fitness blog here
Masturbation.
Actually, I go by Dave, but there are already too many Daves on this forum.

Fender MIM Stratocaster
Fender Jaguar Bass
Epiphone EJ200 Super Jumbo
Fender Excelsior 13w
Acoustic B300HD (with matching 1x12 cab)
BOSS BD-2W
NYC Big Muff Pi
Alcohol or drugs really don't improve your playing at all even though they do loosen you up a bit (and make for a fun night). Just keep playing in front of crowds and play in front of people as much as you can. You'll get better.
By playing shows.
Do you feel warm within your cage?

And have you figured out yet -

Life goes by?
Quote by Hydra150
There's a dick on Earth, too
It's you
Don't let the fear eat you. Eat the fear. The crowd wants you to do well, they want entertainment, not a night of booing. If you try to kick ass, they'll support you, and together you'll form a giant ass-kicking mob, of which you are the master ass-kicker and orchestrator, controlling it all with the power of your muse. Feed off that fear to go over the top to compensate for it, and feed off the energy of the crowd to give you the strength to take it to eleven.

But most of all, be a badass. That's what people want in rock. Badasses making badass music while doing badass things. They don't care if you miss a note here or there. They just want to feel like you're giving everything you possibly can out there, and they'll give you it right back.
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 75-87
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 4-5
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 92-54
Last edited by necrosis1193 at May 24, 2011,
Drugohol.
Look!

Learn how to spell, grammar is your friend

Member #11 of the Les Paul owners club, pm Waterboy799 to join.

Blues player of the Laney Cult
Masturbate furiously over the front row.
You'll realize that they'll feel much more nervous than you will and you'll be much more confident throughout the show.
I used to hate getting on here and seeing 'just go do it' when someone would ask this question. One night I just did it, and went to go sing at an open mic night and it was amazing, cheers and applause after every song, biggest rush and high of my life especially for me, I have crippling stage fright and thats not an exaggeration, I played guitar for 6 years before getting on stage just to do instrumentals. Singing was another animal, but the crowd could tell I was nervous and my voice was shaky during the first song, Iris by the goo goo dolls, and the crowd began singing the song back with me. Like necrosis1193 said, they want you to do well and if you get a good crowd or group they will even give you tips on how to get better, I talked with people for about an hour after my first open mic on what went well and what I could do better. Just go for it.
Quote by the_perdestrian
i hasve found that playing in front of 1 or 2 people is way harder than playing on stage. on stage its a crowd but in fornt of 1 or 2 people its... well, people. people are scary and people judge you. a crowd ain't shit.

at least thats how I have always found it to be. I suggest drugs and alcohol. whiskey and valium works well. opr tequila and speed. depends on the style of music.

This. I have played in front of small crowds before, but last time I played to an almost empty room and completely ballsed up worst day in a longggg time.

Alcohol helps, srsly
as long as it doesn't make your playing suck
- - - - - - - -
When I think of the perpetual journey through life
When it always feels like autumn
The wind moves slowly to the north
And the flowers die
Rain falls in my dreams

- - - - - - - -
Whenever the Will to Power, in no matter what form, begins to decline, a physiological retrogression, decadence always supervenes.
-Friedrich Nietzsche
Practice more. Dont practice till you get it right, practice till you cant get it wrong. once you can do it youll fine live (maybe). It gives you more confidence in yourself, you may think you've got the song down but you can always learn it better.
Quote by pwrmax
You win this thread. You get a cookie, except there's no cookie smiley so here's a llama

Very proud owner of (1) lolstack(s)
Quote by Stugg334

The only answer: Pills. Hydrocodone calms me down. You should pop a few.
Quote by Ville Valo
Hurting Linde is like hurting Bambi. You just can't do it.

You should click on those, I think.

I like My Little Pony. Come at me, bro.
It might be a good idea to pick a fight with someone shortly before going onstage so you can stop the fight in order to play. By the time you get on stage everyone will already be expecting a half-assed grindcore show and the adrenaline should make it terribly easy to play. Seriously though, my first show was with close friends and I could play anything we were going to play while in a coma. So I wasn't nervous at all even though the crowd was close enough to touch us the whole time. Practice a ton before going on stage and you won't have time to prepare or think about how the crowd is going to act and hopefully when you get on stage you will be so focused on the music that you won't care what the audience is throwing at you.
Uh rock the **** out man, you don't give a shit about what anyone think, if you're out of tune, people don't want to hear you play your solo perfectly they want you to play like you're enjoying yourself
Quote by Tyson2011
when in doubt, adjust the truss rod.

Sfedf the First ...
or should it be the insane?
Page 1 of 2