hi. im selling my jcm 800 2205 head. its in flawless condition, just been serviced and comes with cover and power cable. looking for £550 o.n.o

also selling marshall 1960av for an extra £300. this is only 1 year old and in perfect condition.

i will consider swaps for the amp and amp plus cash deals. been looking for a plexi and a jcm 900 dual reverb

i stay in aberdeenshire scotland.
Quote by anderson80
hi. im selling my jcm 800 2205 head. its in flawless condition, just been serviced and comes with cover and power cable. looking for £550 o.n.o

also selling marshall 1960av for an extra £300. this is only 1 year old and in perfect condition.

i will consider swaps for the amp and amp plus cash deals. been looking for a plexi and a jcm 900 dual reverb

i stay in aberdeenshire scotland.

can i be cheeky and ask why you want to sell a jcm 800 (classic fairly desireable amp) for a jcm 900 (the lowest point in marshall history)

ps free bump for a nice amp
Quote by 1of1
can i be cheeky and ask why you want to sell a jcm 800 (classic fairly desireable amp) for a jcm 900 (the lowest point in marshall history)

Did you forget about the MG series? :P Another free bump! If i had the money, i'd buy this so fast!
Gear:-
Mesa Single Rectifier
Marshall DSL50 (In the process of modding!)
Fender 2x12 Deville
Marshall 1960 (V30's)
Gibson SG Standard
Gibson SG Special
Fender 'Marcus Miller' Jazz Bass

My Band
Juturna

ha ha ok iwas slightly over dramatic hell i had a JCM900 not so long ago and quite liked it but im pretty sure i would have swapped it for an 800 in a heartbeat. I always thought they were the better of the series
Quote by 1of1

ps free bump for a nice amp

I guess youre one of these people with feeble brains who cant understand different people have different musical preferences.....no doubt the 800 2205 is a great amp but the 900 suits my style better like many bands of the 90s. Most people just play a jcm 900 half stack at 0.5 volume in their bedroom and think it sounds terrible...well it would...it needs to be cranked then it is a different beast. my 800 sounds terrible at 0.5 volume. so thanks for your opinion but keep it to yourself next time.
Quote by anderson80
I guess youre one of these people with feeble brains who cant understand different people have different musical preferences.....no doubt the 800 2205 is a great amp but the 900 suits my style better like many bands of the 90s. Most people just play a jcm 900 half stack at 0.5 volume in their bedroom and think it sounds terrible...well it would...it needs to be cranked then it is a different beast. my 800 sounds terrible at 0.5 volume. so thanks for your opinion but keep it to yourself next time.

lol, you are such a great salesman....
Guitars:
Ibanez RGT 42FM
Ibanez AW20ASENT
Yamaha G-55A
Squier Stratocaster w/Scalloped Neck

Amp+FX+Lulz:
Boss GT-3
Crate GX-30M
Fender Hot Rod DeVille
Quote by SmellyGonorrhea
lol, you are such a great salesman....

well you know what i mean...all valve amps sound better the more you work the power valves. my amp isnt for the bedroom but is great for gigging.
not just my opinion bud opinion of many. I gig 3 times a week and have NEVER played an amp in my bedroom. I have experience in this matter so thought i would give you a heads up. Its nothing to do with what volume you play the 900 at its the fact that it uses a chip to produce the distortion and it sounds crap.
Quote by 1of1
not just my opinion bud opinion of many. I gig 3 times a week and have NEVER played an amp in my bedroom. I have experience in this matter so thought i would give you a heads up. Its nothing to do with what volume you play the 900 at its the fact that it uses a chip to produce the distortion and it sounds crap.

well maybe that is your opinion "and that of many" but its not mine. Oh and you say that jcm 800s are great and 900s are crap cos of the diode clipping? the lead series 800s also use diode clipping. either way i keep the gain low and crank it to get the power valve distortion, which to my ears sounds great with both amps, just sounds defining different eras.