i've noticed that any ibanez below $500 CDN, sounds like absolute garbage or a POS strat knockoff, what would be a good amount to pay for a good mid to high end ibanez, that can be whammy bar'd to hell and stay in tune? i've been looking at a couple models online, and was wondering if they would be worth investing over $1K into:

http://www.long-mcquade.com/search/6/58/
I AM ONLY INTERESTED IN METAL RIGHT NOW,
NEED A GOOD TREM SYSTEM FOR DIVING AND WHAMMY BAR ABUSE
Any and all opinions welcome.

Leaning towards a high end RG or RGA or a Low end JEM or something.

Thanks
Last edited by codymrc at May 24, 2011,
You dont have to spend much to get a good ibanez just go used and make sure its MIJ with an edge/lo pro/ege pro tremolo. You don't have to spend much to get one of those are there more or less equal in quality to there prestige line today for much less cash.

No lo trs/edge 3/edge pro 2 crap!
Quote by coolstoryangus
You dont have to spend much to get a good ibanez just go used and make sure its MIJ with an edge/lo pro/ege pro tremolo. You don't have to spend much to get one of those are there more or less equal in quality to there prestige line today for much less cash.

This.

Although I heard the Edge Pro 2 wasn't that bad.
You can get a very nice Ibanez Prestige RG1570 used for that kind of money - I reccommend snooping around on Ebay and the like to see if you can find a deal on one.
They have an original Edge, so no wonky tremolo. Also, the Prestige line is known for overall build quality and pickups that, for no-names, are absolutely awesome.
Ceci n'est pas une signature.
Quote by PsiGuy60
You can get a very nice Ibanez Prestige RG1570 used for that kind of money - I reccommend snooping around on Ebay and the like to see if you can find a deal on one.
They have an original Edge, so no wonky tremolo. Also, the Prestige line is known for overall build quality and pickups that, for no-names, are absolutely awesome.

The RG1570 has the Edge Pro.

rg570s are the ones with the edge, usually cheaper and just as good..

Its all in the prestige name..
and the prestige case
not going to lie that case was sex actually kinda turned me on a bit with the red...

but the guitars themselves arent any better
here's ur new guitar my friend http://www.schecterguitars.com/Products/Guitar/Hellraiser-C-1-FR.aspx

i have the hardtail version and i absolutely love it. i play metalcore.

active emg 81tw/89 (coil splitting) great for any kind of metal, 89 being very versatile for some cleans and watnot

mahogany body, rosewood fretboard. the cut away is perfect and u can really reach all the way up there with no effort watsoever

also, less than a grand (USD)
Quote by andrerist
here's ur new guitar my friend http://www.schecterguitars.com/Products/Guitar/Hellraiser-C-1-FR.aspx

i have the hardtail version and i absolutely love it. i play metalcore.

active emg 81tw/89 (coil splitting) great for any kind of metal, 89 being very versatile for some cleans and watnot

mahogany body, rosewood fretboard. the cut away is perfect and u can really reach all the way up there with no effort watsoever

also, less than a grand (USD)

thats a daaamn nice guitar, im gonna check to see if my local guitar shop can order one in.
Quote by DimebagZappa
Play this thing.
http://www.prsguitars.com/setorero/
Dont look at reviews (although theyre good), dont trust my advice.
Just give it a good try.
So sexy. It truely wants to be played.
Feel it and know. Lol.

i have played that at my local music shop and was unsure if the Pups were high output EMG's, and if the floyd was a POS or not. i liked the no inlay features of it as well.. hmm for 849.. if its a good floyd with those emgs.. may be worth it.
Quote by zincabopataurio
http://www.long-mcquade.com/products/7941/Guitars/Electric/Ibanez/S570_ZR_Bridge_-_White.htm

I know it's above 500, but it fits your requirements exactly. I have one myself, from Long and Mcquade too.

i have played that one as well, i really hate the body shape.. but the trem was sexy and smooth as hell.. fk! i think im gonna check my Ibanez against those other 2-3 and see if they are better or crappier.. thanks people.
Quote by codymrc
thats a daaamn nice guitar, im gonna check to see if my local guitar shop can order one in.

i have returned all others guitars ive purchased because they just couldnt hold up to the standards this thing laid down. this guitar is 100% everything i could ever ask for in a guitar. it just plays and feels beautiful
Every Ibanez I've played has blown the Schecter Hellraisers I've played out of the water. The gloss on the back of the neck is terrible and sticky.

Hellraisers are overpriced and overglorified, in my opinion. You can get a similar guitar from Agile with more options and a better feel for a cheaper price.
Have you looked into the ART series? The ART100 and the ART320 are both below the $500 range and they are not crap by any means.
The difference in upper tier Ibanez vs. lower Tier is crazy. The high end S series are INCREDIBLE, and if you can find it discounted, i very highly recommend an Ibanez JS1000/1200, they play like a dream. I haven't tried the super high end RGs and I wanna get my hands on a Steve Vai sig to try (from what I've heard they're SICK). Plus the high end guitars usually have very good PUPs

The middle tier of Ibanez are solid guitars, they're a bit more difficult to play due to cheaper quality materials. They aren't bad by any means, just in comparison to the high end stuff theyre whatever. The pickups are mediocre...they aren't bad or great, theyre good.

The lower tier is shit. Theyre great beginner guitars, but anyone who takes their instrument seriously would realize this when they play them. The ones ive tried cant stay in tune and the PUPs suck horribly

I'd say look around for some deals on the high end stuff, as well as the higher end middle tier stuff. You should be able to find a great guitar at a reasonable price, and trust me, do NOT compromise, you'll just end up upgrading at some point
Music must be honest to be timeless.
I skimmed through all the replies and agree with pretty much everything said. I've had 5 MIJ Ibanezes from the 90's now and they have all been great guitars.

Basically the Hierarchy goes like this, from top of the range to lowest.
LACS (LA Custom Shop, only available to Ibanez artists)
J Customs
80's/90's MIJ (RG550, RG570, RG560, S540, 540P etc.)
Prestige (MIJ)
Premium (The new line Ibanez made very recently, made with supposedly the same care and parts as Prestiges, but in Indonesia for cheaper labor costs)
Todays normal Ibanez grade Made in Indonesia, previously Korea(RG350, RG370 etc.)
Ibanez Gio Made in China, previosly Indonesia

I'm pretty sure that info is all correct, but I'm not 100% totally sure if the normal Ibanezes and Gio's are/were made where I said. Pretty sure though.
Last edited by Levi79 at May 24, 2011,
Quote by codymrc
i've noticed that any ibanez below $500 CDN, sounds like absolute garbage or a POS strat knockoff, what would be a good amount to pay for a good mid to high end ibanez, that can be whammy bar'd to hell and stay in tune? i've been looking at a couple models online, and was wondering if they would be worth investing over $1K into:

http://www.long-mcquade.com/search/6/58/
I AM ONLY INTERESTED IN METAL RIGHT NOW,
NEED A GOOD TREM SYSTEM FOR DIVING AND WHAMMY BAR ABUSE
Any and all opinions welcome.

Leaning towards a high end RG or RGA or a Low end JEM or something.

Thanks

You can get a RG550 or RG570 all day long on the used market for that price.

Stay away from low end Jems 555 etc they're rubbish

The build quality is much better on RG series
Gear
Jackson DK2
Ibanez RGR320EX
Guild X82 Nova
Godin Seagull S6

Vox V847
Vox VT40+ / VFS5 VT

Quote by FatalGear41

Right now, there are six and a half billion people on earth who don't care what kind of tubes you have in your amplifier
Quote by Levi79
I skimmed through all the replies and agree with pretty much everything said. I've had 5 MIJ Ibanezes from the 90's now and they have all been great guitars.

Basically the Hierarchy goes like this, from top of the range to lowest.
J Customs
LACS (LA Custom Shop, only available to Ibanez artists)
80's/90's MIJ (RG550, RG570, RG560, S540, 540P etc.)
Prestige (MIJ)
Premium (The new line Ibanez made very recently, made with supposedly the same care and parts as Prestiges, but in Indonesia for cheaper labor costs)
Todays normal Ibanez grade Made in Indonesia, previously Korea(RG350, RG370 etc.)
Ibanez Gio Made in China, previosly Indonesia

I'm pretty sure that info is all correct, but I'm not 100% totally sure if the normal Ibanezes and Gio's are/were made where I said. Pretty sure though.

I agree with that but why didn't you put LACS above J Custom?
Quote by Pac_man0123
Every Ibanez I've played has blown the Schecter Hellraisers I've played out of the water. The gloss on the back of the neck is terrible and sticky.

Hellraisers are overpriced and overglorified, in my opinion. You can get a similar guitar from Agile with more options and a better feel for a cheaper price.

gonna have to disagree, i have had no issue watsoever with the gloss on the neck. the neck is not as then as a wizard neck but it isnt a thick ass neck. its a really nice balance and fits my hands very well. ive played ibanez, i love ibanez. super fast necks and a real nice feel. but i paid under $500 for my hellraiser and i my next guitar will be either an ibanez or agile 7 string.

look around for good deals cuz they sure as hell are out there. i paid $400 for a "used" hellraiser but the thing looks and plays like its brand new
That doesnt matter,

take 1000 ibby Prestige guitars and 1000 Schecter Hellraisers. The ibbys will be more consistent and always higher quality.

Quote by Pac_man0123
I agree with that but why didn't you put LACS above J Custom?

TBH nearly all the LACS I have seen in the last few years have been tweaked Prestiges or JCs.

The LACS made guitars are getting rarer and rarer.

but yeah, they are defo top of the tree.

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
Quote by coolstoryangus

+1

also avoid the low-end jem, assuming you mean a jem555.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?