Hey there,

Sorry, I googled this but nothing conclusive came up. I want to take a strat with me on a plane, but they have given me certain dimensions that it must fulfill for me to take it on board. the dimensions are 30 x 117 x 38cms. Could someone please verify that a strat is below these dimensions?

Thank you so much to whoever is willing to do this for me. Virtual hug guaranteed!

I would obviously do this myself, but have absolutely nothing that can measure distances (Not even a crappy ruler).
Last edited by zwound at May 24, 2011,
is it in a case?
How big is the case? = your answer
The only 6 words that can make you a better guitarist:

Learn theory
Practice better
Practice more
No way a Strat is within those measurments even without the case.
Moving on.....
I've got a gigbag, so the case is roughly as big as the guitar (it's a thin one).
Quote by KenG
No way a Strat is within those measurments even without the case.

My rough estimate tells me that it should be just below them or at least around them.
you don't want to travel in a gig bag and anyways I doubt a strat is close to 38 cms in width, no way man
Quote by EndTheRapture51
Anyway I have technically statutory raped #nice

Quote by EndThecRinge51
once a girl and i promised to never leave each other

since that promise was broken

i dont make promises any more
u need a hard case to fly with it. They won't let you take it on board, especially if you are flying in the USA
Quote by megano28
you don't want to travel in a gig bag and anyways I doubt a strat is close to 38 cms in width, no way man

It may seem like it's not, but when looking at it and trying to picture a standard 30 cm ruler next to it, it seems like it could actually be just under it...
Quote by babysmasher
u need a hard case to fly with it. They won't let you take it on board, especially if you are flying in the USA

Sorry, but I know for a fact that I may take it on board. Also, gigbag will suffice - It will be in my possession at all times.

Rainbow plateau

EDIT: Okay, I got a 15cm ruler from someone next door and measured it, kind of.

Length: approx 100cm
Width: Approx 35cm
Last edited by zwound at May 24, 2011,