I am heading to India from America for a 2 week stay in 2 places. Question is should I take one of my guitars or buy a cheap one there? I am not playing any gigs but I fear I will go insane if I don't have one to play.
take a john mayer cd, man

it's all you need

'i coulld bee wrong,

i coulld bee reaaaady'

genius, man
Click here to hear my BOB DYLAN (Blowing in the Wind) out right now May 2k17
I wouldn't risk the trip with my guitar. I'd have grey hairs by the time I reached my destination.
Most of the important things

in the world have been accomplished

by people who have kept on

trying when there seemed to be no hope at all
Whenever the Will to Power, in no matter what form, begins to decline, a physiological retrogression, decadence always supervenes.
-Friedrich Nietzsche
For the amount of time your going, I personally wouldn't risk taking it TBH. You'll survive with out it.
Wow, you can't find ANYTHING to do in India that would be better than playing guitar?
dirtbag ballet by the bins down the alley
as i walk through the chalet of the shadow of death
everything that you've come to expect

i've gone on trips that were 6-8 weeks in length. you dont start really missing the guitar until week 3-4 unless you're visiting family the whole time or something. if you're going to be going out and sight seeing or something along those lines, you wont need a guitar
Get a hardshell and stuff it full of clothing and soft things. That's what I do when i travel with my expensive guitars.
In his house at R'lyeh, dead Cthulhu waits dreaming.

╔═══╗
║  ██ ║
╠═══╣
║╬  •• ║
╚═══╝
A couple years back me and my father took a trip to Italy, and brought a classical guitar. The incompetent assholes working at the airport threw it around, not noticing what could possibly be inside the guitar-shaped bag. We arrived in Tuscany with a headless guitar.

I wouldn't bring it if I were you, but if you REALLY want to bring it, it's your choice.
You are now using UG Black.
You are now using UG Classic.

Listening to: The Police

#wolfie2017 #freegyros #gifsftw G7#9
I took my acoustic on as a carry-on and got to take a personal bag too. Nothing happened to it.
Quote by metaldud536
2 weeks is nothing TS. Man up.

To compensate not bringing a guitar spend the whole two weeks masturbating furiously.
In his house at R'lyeh, dead Cthulhu waits dreaming.

╔═══╗
║  ██ ║
╠═══╣
║╬  •• ║
╚═══╝
The way I see it, you've got two options. Buy a flight case for a couple hundred bucks and bring your current guitar, or buy a cheap guitar for a couple hundred bucks and sell it or something before you leave.
Buy a new cheap one in India.
You'll feel good and you can then donate it to some charity once you're leaving.

EDIT:

Quote by Alex Vik
... or buy a cheap guitar for a couple hundred bucks and sell it or something before you leave.

In India you could buy yourself a guitar factory for that amount of money.
Unlimited guitars.
Say goodnight to the world...
"Not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted. "

TURBO BASS get.
Last.fm My Original Musics
Last edited by Tazeyo at May 24, 2011,
Better idea: don't bring it, and buy a sitar in India
You are now using UG Black.
You are now using UG Classic.

Listening to: The Police

#wolfie2017 #freegyros #gifsftw G7#9
Quote by Wolfinator-x

Quote for truth.
Say goodnight to the world...
"Not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted. "

TURBO BASS get.
Last.fm My Original Musics
Quote by Wolfinator-x

Sweet. Whole reason I came to this thread, ruined.
I'd do me........