Hey everyone,

I am currently looking to buy a new/used amp head. I play in an indie/hardcore band and I really enjoy a classic rock sound but I need a head that can hold it together for some heavy rock parts but still needs that classic sound. I was looking into the Bugera 1960 but I am not sure because the reviews I have read or watched don't help me too much.

If there is a better choice let me know please, my budget is $600.

Thanks
^how does that in any way help him at all? Its not even close to what he said he wants.

To TS: Do you need good cleans?
Ibanez SIR27
Pod HD500x

RIP:
Mesa Boogie Roadster 2x12 combo
Cmatmods analog chorus, phaser, tremoglo, signa drive, butah, and deeelay
walrus Audio Descent
It's not a big necessity but it would be a plus. I should have been more clear I'm looking for a british type gain to it thats why I mentioned the Bugera 196.
Also where are you located? Like state/country or whatever cause that will influence suggestions a bit as well.

I would try to find a used laney GH50. Its one channel so you would have to roll back on your volume knob for cleans but it is a nice amp.
Ibanez SIR27
Pod HD500x

RIP:
walrus Audio Descent
What experiences have you had with laney heads? Also do you know if guitar center allows you to ship to other locations to try out?
Ive played a GH100 and a VC30 and loved them both though they are very different. Its a good company. Tony Iommi used them pretty much his whole career AFAIK and Michael from Opeth uses the GH100 I believe.

Ive heard the AOR is awesome but I haven't gotten a chance to play one.
Ibanez SIR27
Pod HD500x

RIP:
walrus Audio Descent
Any other brands and models you can think of? I was looking at Sovteks but GC sells them for way too much. I admit they are a good collectable but I have heard people buying mig 50's for $100 cheaper