hi guys.
i am currently just browsing some guitars lately to begin shopping for one soon and i just wanted to know which of these guitars is more versatile. I know that the SV has two humbuckers and one single coil? and the SA has 2 single coils and one humbucker? i was just looking for which one has more tone that will go anyway towards blues, jazz, rock, hard rock, metal and some country. Mostly just a good solid piercing lead tone from the single coil(s) and a warm rhythem with the humbucker(s). If i do buy an SA i plan to replace the humbucker with a "warmer" one to get more tone out of it because ive heard it isn't the best for harder rock and metal. Is a seymour duncan pearly gates alright for this?
I would just like to know thanks.
They make guitars in those lines with more pickup configurations than one. My SA has two humbuckers.
Quote by Tone Deaf
Someone has had too much jager in their slushy. :/
Quote by CL/\SH
First person on UG to be a grammar nazi and use the correct form of "your" in the correct context.

+ 70 virgins to you, my good sir.

Quote by Fassa Albrecht
Girls DO fap...I don't though.
The SV is definitely better because all of the SV models are prestige.
Quote by Cathbard
You don't need epic tone in the bedroom any more than you need mood lighting to masturbate.

that is true but i see that they are valued a lot higher. like 1000 bucks higher. is it worth it or with the SA stand to my standards? i would probably call myself advanced and looking for a good guitar. ive heard lots from the SA because of its low value for its high end quality and tone.
The SAs are great for the money, especially the SAS36FM, but if you have the money, the SV is definitely worth it.
Quote by Cathbard
You don't need epic tone in the bedroom any more than you need mood lighting to masturbate.

Quote by jadon13
^^ srry i meant the SA260FM.. how do you like your SA?

I love everything about it, except the bridge. I hate floating trems to hell, but it was a good trade

Also, if you're worried about the pickup configuration, you can wire each pickup to a toggle switch, so you can get both humbuckers on without the single coil. Or even all of them.
Quote by Tone Deaf
Someone has had too much jager in their slushy. :/
Quote by CL/\SH
First person on UG to be a grammar nazi and use the correct form of "your" in the correct context.

+ 70 virgins to you, my good sir.

Quote by Fassa Albrecht
Girls DO fap...I don't though.
Quote by jadon13
i was just looking for which one has more tone that will go anyway towards blues, jazz, rock, hard rock, metal and some country.

6 to one, half a dozen to the other, i'd say. jazz would generally prefer a neck humbucker, but aside from jazz, you could make a decent argument for either setup for the other genres...
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?