Hey everybody, I'm looking to buy a new amp. My budget is around $500, and it needs to be able to be heard at small gigs and such (100 or less people). I was looking to get an Orange amp: I tried one out and fell in love with the sound. Any recommendations for an Orange? Or others? Thanks!
XBL: Kgrimes2
Steam: The_Anfauglir
Gamecenter: Kgrimes2
Wii Friend Code: 4970 3999 0634 0858
Twitter: KevinGrimes2
You could almost get a tiny terror head on that budget. (Orange are a UK company, prices arent so good overseas.)

Which is the lowest orange id reccomend, but you still need a cab... And as far as the toaster heads go, since the TT was the first of its kind, nowadays theres more amps that'll do what the TT does and better.

Save some more cash.
Look at stuff like the egnater tweaker, vox night train.

If you're really after that dark fuzzy orange tone, give electricamp.com or greenamps.com a bell, they branched off from Matamp and stole alot of their vintage circuit designs, and since Matamp used to work side by side with Orange, the vintage circuits are all pretty orange. I imagine theyre quite expensive though.
Quote by Icarus Lives
Which orange did you fall in love with? What kind of music do you play?

This.
Quote by Icarus Lives
Which orange did you fall in love with? What kind of music do you play?

This is the amp I played with. I really liked the sound, but it would probably end up being too quiet for a gig. I'm not 100% sure though, it might be loud enough, I didn't check to see how loud it would get. I'm thinking about getting it for a practice amp at home. But anyway, most of the music I play is alternative/rock.
XBL: Kgrimes2
Steam: The_Anfauglir
Gamecenter: Kgrimes2
Wii Friend Code: 4970 3999 0634 0858
Twitter: KevinGrimes2
Quote by Kgrimes2
This is the amp I played with. I really liked the sound, but it would probably end up being too quiet for a gig. I'm not 100% sure though, it might be loud enough, I didn't check to see how loud it would get. I'm thinking about getting it for a practice amp at home. But anyway, most of the music I play is alternative/rock.

That made you fall in love with the orange sound?

God help you when you try a real one.

The PIX suck really.
so is it a practise amp or a gigging amp you want ?
Sorry i'm late, but my walk has got terribly silly today