Poll: Have you toured
Poll Options
View poll results: Have you toured
Yes, I have toured in a band
9 11%
No, I have not toured in a band
75 89%
Voters: 84.
I was wondering who here in the pit has been a part of a touring band. I'm expecting a pretty low number.

"I'm planning on soon" is not the same as, "I have"

Edit: we'll go ahead and define a tour as more than a weekend spent doing consecutive shows before returning home.
Quote by Strato-Massacre
yeah you shouldnt have told the pit to rape your mom.

Quote by Kensai
It's not sexist, girls are just too stupid and weak to hold up doors and stuff for themselves.
Last edited by Lt.DanHasLegs at May 24, 2011,
I toured. Damn that was a good show.

To make it more clear. I've only played one show xD
In his house at R'lyeh, dead Cthulhu waits dreaming.

╔═══╗
║  ██ ║
╠═══╣
║╬  •• ║
╚═══╝
Last edited by Metallicaxp at May 24, 2011,
Quote by Sulfur183
I wish I could say I have... yes just another loser.

+1

My God... I wish it weren't so. =...(
I did a 3 month tour once. It was hell. None of us were good at organizing the where/what time/how much we'd be getting paid types of things. The shows were fun. We did a Nashville, TN to Durham, NC to Atlanta, GA to Birmingham, AL and back to Nashville thing. Thank god for myspace when it was good! It helped us at least get shows in other towns. By the time we got back it was time to start classes again so we really didn't get a break. It wa definitely a learning experience an I hope that it turns out a lot better if I get to do it again
I've toured somewhat heavily every summer for the past four years and five years ago I spent 9 months on the road. Good times although a lot of the stress was thrown onto the bassist and I since we handled the booking, payment, sleeping/travel arrangements, etc. All in all good times.
-Denny
PRS Singlecut Trem

Member #2 of the Coheed and Cambria fanclub, PM dementedpuppy to join.
Once I played 5 gigs in a row in the same place, which was a 3 hour drive from where we lived. For some reason we decided to drive there and back each night so we didn't have to pay for a place to stay. I imagine that's what touring is like. Drive - play - drive - sleep - drive - play - etc.

I had some sort of testicle problem at the time and the constant driving in the rickety van on the crappy roads was absolute hell on my balls. Nearly died.

EDIT: shameless plug: click the link in my sig, there's a youtube link in the thread.
Last edited by Icarus Lives at May 24, 2011,
Quote by Icarus Lives

I had some sort of testicle problem at the time and the constant driving in the rickety van on the crappy roads was absolute hell on my balls. Nearly died.

Awesome.
Quote by Icarus Lives

If. only. sig. wasn't. already. so. great
Quote by Night
wtf is a selfie? is that like, touching yourself or something?
Hopefully soon. Curse living in a large and sparsely populated state!
Check out my band Disturbed
Not yet, but we're planning an EU tour next year to go with the release of our 2nd album.

Also with my other band, I was close to join a friend of mines' post-metal band on their supporting tour- but didn't as it was poorly arranged, we didn't have the capital at the time, and we were all in the middle of our educational midterms.