Page 1 of 6
I think we should compile a list of things that are mildly irritating. Not hugely annoying, mind you. Just things that the Pit deems irritating. I think it'll be an interesting idea. I'll edit the OP as I see good ones, or see a few people supporting other people's.

RULES:
-One per post
-Every post must have a pet peeve in it. Even if you are quoting another's post to say "+1" or to disagree, your post must contain a relevant peeve.
-If you see someone else's post, and you agree with it, say so. But don't forget to include your own in your post.
-If you disagree with someone else's post, say so. But don't forget to include your own in your post.

I'll start:

1. People who say, "Leeeggoooo" on facebook. Seriously.
2. Fences. Seriously, **** fences.
3. Threads like this. I'm sure this comment is going to come up more, so I'll go ahead and add it to the list preemptively. Suck it, douchebags.
4. People who sarcastically say "no" when you ask to sit next to them, and then get upset when you sit somewhere else. It's public domain. Stop being a dick.
5. PotBellyShogun's threads and posts. A valid pet peeve.
6. When somebody tells you in all-too-vivid detail how they "totally did that girl once." You had sex with that girl. Once. Even that's not a guarantee. It's nothing to be proud of. Shut up.
7. When people don't respond to your texts/calls.
8. People who think they're the arbiter of phoniness. You're not a genius for figuring out that the skinny bitch hanging out with that group of friends that looks too similar to her to be an accident is not the most "real" person out there. And you don't get to decide when other people are being fake. Shut up.
9. People who respond to your texts seven hours later thinking that whatever you said you still remember and/or that you're still okay to hang out.
10. Theogonia777's rants. Am I right? I'm right. What's up with them? Am I right? I'm right.
11. PotBellyShogun in general. Wow, this dude is NOT popular.
12. Feminists who are really just sexist against men. You're no better than Jed from Arkansas who locks his wife in the cellar when he's not home so she won't do all of her crazy witch rituals that every woman does. **** you. You want women to be equal? How about complaining about the lack of female garbagemen, well, garbagewomen, you ****ing hypocrites. Shut up and get laid. That's what you really need.
13. People who have very strong opinions on topics they don't understand.
14. Getting hugged from behind, prison style.
15. When you get a phonecall from someone, sprint towards the phone you left in the other room because it may be important, smash your knee into a chair or counter on the way there, and then as soon as you pick up the phone, it ends. And then when you call him/her back, no answer.
16. When you see a movie or a TV show and you TOTALLY RECOGNIZE THAT ONE GUY WHO PLAYS THE BAD GUY'S HENCHMAN or something like that, but you just can't put a name to the face. Shit keeps you up at night.
17. When you randomly think of part of a song, but you can't remember the name of the song. And sometimes, you don't remember enough of the song to be able to place it. Shit's rough.
Last edited by trueamerican at May 26, 2011,
How many times am I going to see this in a day?

Edit: My pet peeve is fences. Yes, fences.
In his house at R'lyeh, dead Cthulhu waits dreaming.

╔═══╗
║  ██ ║
╠═══╣
║╬  •• ║
╚═══╝
people that hate on john mayer

haven't seen any so far

but as soon as you do, put their name down

cheers man, you and i have always been like connected and stuff
Click here to hear my BOB DYLAN (Blowing in the Wind) out right now May 2k17
Quote by laid-to-waste
people that hate on john mayer

haven't seen any so far

but as soon as you do, put their name down

cheers man, you and i have always been like connected and stuff

I hate on John Mayer.

And another pet peeve is people who hate on my hating John Mayer. I'll hate on who I want
threads that have more sensitivity than the inside of a vagina, I mean man the **** up
Quote by EndTheRapture51
Anyway I have technically statutory raped #nice

Quote by EndThecRinge51
once a girl and i promised to never leave each other

since that promise was broken

i dont make promises any more
Quote by megano28
threads that have more sensitivity than the inside of a vagina, I mean man the **** up

+1

And vaginas are nice

╔═══╗
║  ██ ║
╠═══╣
║╬  •• ║
╚═══╝
i hate you, you're no longer sexy and your sig's quote is now an invalid quote.

annnd if i take my heart's adviceee
i should assumee
it's stilll
unsteaaady

ot: i hate two-facedness. seen a lot of it this week.
Last edited by laid-to-waste at May 24, 2011,
I hate when my friends don't text/call me back.

/forever alone
Part of this Complete Breakfast!
Quote by trueamerican
I hate on John Mayer.

And another pet peeve is people who hate on my hating John Mayer. I'll hate on who I want

blaspheme!

i'm putting you baby

i'm putting you right out of my mind

i'm putting you baby

so tired of running after you girl

and being one and one half steps behind

╔═══╗
║  ██ ║
╠═══╣
║╬  •• ║
╚═══╝
Quote by L2112Lif
PotBellyShogun's threads and posts.

+1

I really hate it when somebody tells me in detail how they "totally did that girl once".
You are now using UG Black.
You are now using UG Classic.

Listening to: Esperanza Spalding, Vulfpeck, Caravan Palace

It is I, the mighty shitkicker, as prophesied by JustRooster. Obey me.
Last edited by Wolfinator-x at May 24, 2011,
Quote by Metallicaxp
blaspheme!

i'm putting you baby

i'm putting you baby

so tired of running after you girl

and being one and one half steps behind

bands that are a ****ing sentence (A Day to Remember or between the buried and me or panic at the faggy disco).
Quote by laid-to-waste

ot: i hate two-facedness. seen a lot of it this week.

I hate how two-facedness/fake is THE new thing to notice in people
Quote by EndTheRapture51

Quote by EndThecRinge51

Quote by sticksause
bands that are a ****ing sentence (A Day to Remember or between the buried and me or panic at the faggy disco).

How can you hate on that? Seriously?

I will not give up listening to my 'Folk Band From Some Nordic Country That Dabbles In The Arts Of Technicality With The Subtle Arts Of Taking Fancy Pants' Fancy Pants'

╔═══╗
║  ██ ║
╠═══╣
║╬  •• ║
╚═══╝
Quote by Wolfinator-x
+1

I really hate it when somebody tells me in detail how they "totally did that girl once".

+1

And, along the same theme, I hate it when people think about nothing other than sex, and trying their hardest to get with any one they meet.
Quote by megano28
I hate how two-facedness/fake is THE new thing to notice in people

not up with THE trends of 'things that are unoriginal to hate on' seen as i have no facebook.
People who say Schizophrenia means multiple personalities. Where did that even come from, anyway?
I'm rgrockr and I do not approve of this message.

blinds. they're like rocket science to calibrate. what the ****?
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
Quote by rgrockr
People who say Schizophrenia means multiple personalities. Where did that even come from, anyway?

SCHIZOPHRENIA

╔═══╗
║  ██ ║
╠═══╣
║╬  •• ║
╚═══╝
Quote by rgrockr

word of mouth, general misinterpretations being speaker phoned, and sickipedia.

same goes with every misconception about everything.
Quote by robhc

This band makes me orgasm. i give you money and jewels. That and I am surprised I have not heard of Annihilator before.

And in response to crazy

╔═══╗
║  ██ ║
╠═══╣
║╬  •• ║
╚═══╝
Store owners who glare at you suspecting you're going to steal something. I'm dressed perfectly nicely. **** off.
Quote by trueamerican
Store owners who glare at you suspecting you're going to steal something. I'm dressed perfectly nicely. **** off.

People who expect you to not be suspicious of their right hand simply because they're wearing cufflinks and a tie.
Quote by laid-to-waste
not up with THE trends of 'things that are unoriginal to hate on' seen as i have no facebook.

turned on tv: Oh this bitch is fake

went outside: man she's so fake

talked to my friend back home: That guy is fake

You don't need a FB to notice all that

Edit: New One

The sheep of the pit, the one's who blindly follow the one person who made shit up and butcher, I'm tired of the "troll.jpg/foreveralone.jpg" all the ****ing wannabe memes and shit that get butchered on a daily basis here
Quote by EndTheRapture51

Quote by EndThecRinge51

Last edited by megano28 at May 24, 2011,
Quote by rgrockr

while we're at it, people who think that all schizophrenics see crazy things all the time. the majority of schizophrenics don't have any visual hallucinations at all. if i remember correctly it's like 1 in 3 that do or something like that, and it's not like it's all the time. schizophrenia is just a cluster**** in general, because there are a the positive and negative symptoms are almost unrelated to each other. paranoid type and disorganized type are so different that it's barely even the same thing anymore. and everyone that has both positive and negative symptoms are just lumped together. schizophrenia is really just completely misunderstood, and stigmatization is completely ridiculous. and considering the schizophrenia affects about 1 in 200 people at some point in their lifetime, it's extremely likely that you know some in real life and wouldn't ever even realize it. at any given time, there are at least 1000 people viewing the forums between users and guests, so that would mean about 5 people that would experience schizophrenia in their lifetime right there. most schizophrenics are almost perfectly normal, and yet everyone seems to think that they are all like John Nash in A Beautiful Mind.

/rant
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
People spelling "You're" "your" All. The. Time.

People creating 'like groups' on Facebook, not all of them, some of them are very true, or very funny, but mostly the ones made by teenaged girls acting like they deserve the "perfect" guy and think that all other girls are the same and that all they want is to be told they are beautiful, and loved, and to be held. Some girls don't like that.

People that punctuate after an emoticon instead of before .

:3 <--

PeOpLe ThAt TyPe LiKe ThIs AlL tHe TiMe

And people that use the guitar to show off to their friends and look 'cool' when they can't actually play. I don't mind it if they are good, but I have yet to see anyone 'good' that does it.
Quote by Moggan13

FUCK YEAH GHERKIN PALS!!

Yeah, I use a Squier Strat.
Quote by theogonia777

blinds. they're like rocket science to calibrate. what the ****?
THIS.

I hate it when causality decides that the only time your friends are available to do something it's when you aren't. Not sure if that counts as a pet peeve, though...

EDIT: ^ YES. I hate seeing girls on Facebook who have cheese-ass statuses with retarded-ass quotes about the perfect guy or how she loves her boyfriend so much.
You are now using UG Black.
You are now using UG Classic.

Listening to: Esperanza Spalding, Vulfpeck, Caravan Palace

It is I, the mighty shitkicker, as prophesied by JustRooster. Obey me.
Last edited by Wolfinator-x at May 24, 2011,
Quote by theogonia777
while we're at it, people who think that all schizophrenics see crazy things all the time. the majority of schizophrenics don't have any visual hallucinations at all. if i remember correctly it's like 1 in 3 that do or something like that, and it's not like it's all the time. schizophrenia is just a cluster**** in general, because there are a the positive and negative symptoms are almost unrelated to each other. paranoid type and disorganized type are so different that it's barely even the same thing anymore. and everyone that has both positive and negative symptoms are just lumped together. schizophrenia is really just completely misunderstood, and stigmatization is completely ridiculous. and considering the schizophrenia affects about 1 in 200 people at some point in their lifetime, it's extremely likely that you know some in real life and wouldn't ever even realize it. at any given time, there are at least 1000 people viewing the forums between users and guests, so that would mean about 5 people that would experience schizophrenia in their lifetime right there. most schizophrenics are almost perfectly normal, and yet everyone seems to think that they are all like John Nash in A Beautiful Mind.

/rant

I hate it when a good rant becomes a casualty of the thread.
People that call you at 3 in the morning and don't talk but get pissed if you want to get off the phone.
One of the third friendliest users
Stratkat's pet

Quote by Momentosis
Void is a wanker that's why

Politically correct, overly sensitive, whiny morons.

Go look at the "Hiding Children's Gender" thread.
Quote by Boonnoo666
Another factor that has grown this myth is a bunch of opinionated guys who really don't know what they're talking about, which to be brutally honest is a bunch of you guys on here.