Hello there acoustic guitar lovers I'm kinda in the market for a new guitar. I have an Epi AJ acoustic that I got a few years ago as a graduation present from my aunt and I'm thinking about stepping up to a more expensive acoustic. I went to Guitar Center the other day and played a Fender Sonoran SCE. I really loved the sound I got out of it so much better then my Epi AJ. So do you guys have any good acoustic guitars around the 350 - 500 ranger. I would like to have a cutaway and have it be a acoustic/electric.
I would highly recommend the Seagull Entourage Rustic. I won one a month or so ago in a guitar competition and it's truly a fantastic value for the money. I use it right beside my Taylor which cost around twice as much. I can send you some recordings I did with it if you would like. There's also a review on UG which I wrote about it if you want to know more.

EDIT: I knew something looked weird. Cost nearly *10* times as much. Ten times as much.
Winner of the 2011 Virginia Guitar Festival

Protools HD
Lynx Aurora 16/HD192
Mojave, Sennheiser, AKG, EV etc mics
Focusrite ISA828 pres
Waves Mercury
Random Rack Gear

65 Deluxe Reverb
PRS CE 22
American Standard Strat
Taylor 712
Last edited by Artemis Entreri at May 25, 2011,
Quote by Radtastic89
Hello there acoustic guitar lovers I'm kinda in the market for a new guitar. I have an Epi AJ acoustic that I got a few years ago as a graduation present from my aunt and I'm thinking about stepping up to a more expensive acoustic. I went to Guitar Center the other day and played a Fender Sonoran SCE. I really loved the sound I got out of it so much better then my Epi AJ. So do you guys have any good acoustic guitars around the 350 - 500 ranger. I would like to have a cutaway and have it be a acoustic/electric.

Check out Godin I have a basic model Seagull and it plays awesome it's the best acustic that meets your budget bar none...

http://www.godinguitars.com/

EDIT

Quote by Artemis Entreri
I would highly recommend the Seagull Entourage Rustic. I won one a month or so ago in a guitar competition and it's truly a fantastic value for the money. I use it right beside my Taylor which cost around twice as much. I can send you some recordings I did with it if you would like. There's also a review on UG which I wrote about it if you want to know more.

Just about any seagull is a good bet
Gear
Jackson DK2
Ibanez RGR320EX
Guild X82 Nova
Godin Seagull S6

Vox V847
Vox VT40+ / VFS5 VT

Quote by FatalGear41

Right now, there are six and a half billion people on earth who don't care what kind of tubes you have in your amplifier
Last edited by Willowthewitch at May 24, 2011,
Another vote for Seagulls. The Entourage and Original lines wound be in your price range, as far as Acoustic-electrics go. Love my SM6 (Precursor to the S6). 17 years old and sounding better every day
Acoustics:
1994 Seagull SM6
2007 Takamine G5013SVFT

Electrics:
2008 Epiphone Les Paul Standard Plain Top (Cherryburst)
1964 Gibson Melody Maker D (DC)

Amps:
Traynor YGL-1

Pedals
MXR Distortion III (C4 Modded)
Yet another vote for Seagull Entourage. I was just playing a few acoustics at GC some years back, and picked it up. Paid $314 and took it home. Absolutely amazing tonal quality for such an inexpensive guitar. Also, the neck profile really fit my hand.
This ends now, eat the goddamn beans!
the seagull original s6 and the blueridge br-140 (or br143 if you prefer a slightly smaller body) are way nicer tonewise than the epi or a sonoran. the s6 stands as one of the best sounding solid top guitars around, well made with great tone, and the br-140 is all solid wood, and sounds great
http://www.maurysmusic.com/inc/sdetail/blueridge_br_140/35915/35952

another option that i haven't tried are these two recording kings. recording king makes good sounding good quality guitars, and these are all solid wood.
http://elderly.com/new_instruments/names/recording-king-rd-10-dreadnought-classic-series--RD10.htm

http://elderly.com/new_instruments/names/recording-king-ro-10-%22000%22-classic-series--RO10.htm

keep in mind that if you get built in electronics, part of the money that would have gone to the actual guitar is now being used for electronics instead. that means a lower quality guitar or one using cheaper wood or parts but costs more money due to the electronics. if you need a cutaway or electronics, i'd suggest you check out the yamaha fgx guitars - the fgx730sc, fjx720sc or fgx720sca. or (since i'm a huge fan of blueridge sound quality) a blueridge br-40ce. great sounding solid top.
http://www.maurysmusic.com/inc/sdetail/blueridge_br_40ce/52948/53455
Quote by Skeet UK
I just looked in my Oxford English Dictionary and under "Acoustic Guitar", there was your Avatar and an email address!
Last edited by patticake at May 25, 2011,
If you're looking at Seagulls check out the S6. Its the original and runs about 400-450. Fantastic guitar for the money

Not sure if there is a cutaway version but there is a A-E version
Last edited by TeaEsKSU at May 25, 2011,
i've just purchased an early 70's EKO Ranger vi. is there a way to get a better date?
I used to be a fan of Seagull, with their bolt-on necks, but now I'm not so sure. I read somewhere that they now use an epoxied neck joint, which is effectively non-repairable. I personally would be doing some research on that before buying.

My vote goes to Yamaha on reputation, and Recording King on provenance.
+1 on the Seagull Entourage Rustic. I bought one recently for about $360 and it's craftsmanship is really excellent. It sounded better than the more expensive S6 to my ears, but the S6 had some cruddy strings on it holding it back.

Taylor Bigbaby is a very fine guitar for the money. It's a true sweetheart with a top end clear as a bell and the bottom is solid (but not as deep as a full dreadnought). The BigBaby is the funnest most user friendly guitar I've ever played. You can get them for $300 or less on Craigslist, or $410 new with a really nice gig bag.