I'm saving up for a new bass and I came across the Fender Geddy Lee Jazz. I played one and loved it. So I went home and started to look on the used market for one. I found one with some mods done to it. The pickups have been switched to Seymore Duncan Basslines that are active and also its been modified to be a 18volt bass. So this is my question why would someone mod it to have 18volts and not 9volts ?
The same reason that guitarist run 18v.

18v has more headroom than 9v.
Damn it! Disable can't use disable to disable Disable's disable because disable's disable has already been disabled by Disable's disable!
Quote by Radtastic89
I'm saving up for a new bass and I came across the Fender Geddy Lee Jazz. I played one and loved it. So I went home and started to look on the used market for one. I found one with some mods done to it. The pickups have been switched to Seymore Duncan Basslines that are active and also its been modified to be a 18volt bass. So this is my question why would someone mod it to have 18volts and not 9volts ?

The bigger question is why would someone do a pickup swap on a signature model
Gear
Jackson DK2
Ibanez RGR320EX
Guild X82 Nova
Godin Seagull S6

Vox V847
Vox VT40+ / VFS5 VT

Quote by FatalGear41

Right now, there are six and a half billion people on earth who don't care what kind of tubes you have in your amplifier
Last edited by Willowthewitch at May 24, 2011,
You may as well get it. If you don't like the mods you could always just change it back. If you ask him he probably still has the original pickups.
Quote by skater dan0
Damn you and your ninja-like modding
Quote by Willowthewitch
The bigger question is why would someone do a pickup swap on a signature model

Because they like the sound? Very few people buy signature models to sound like the artist themselves. Good signature models are guitars and basses that should have been in production anyway, if you get what I mean.

@TS. Get it, the pickups for the GL Bass are nice and cheap and you could probably get more selling the Basslines, if the seller doesn't have the originals. How long did you play on it? Are you sure you're ok with the neck? I got cramp after ten minutes.
@Spaz I played on a GL for about 10 to 15 mins. Well I hope by the end of the summer that guy will still have it so I can snach it up.