Hey UG!

Just recently I've found a bunch of used pedals on Kijiji. Currently I am using a Pod X3 Live, but I really want to exchange it with some good compact pedals. I am running it through a VOX AC15cc1 Tube Amp, which I love. Here are the pedals I've found:

-BOSS TU-2 Chromatic Tuner> $70 = I am pretty set on this one already
-BOSS BD-2 and MT-2> $80 for both = Really like the BD-2, and wouldn't mind a metal pedal
-Visual Volume> $100 = Don't really know much about volume pedals, but for $100 I've heard that this is a steal.
-MXR Dyna Comp> $50 = My fave guitar players all use comps, and this one is really cheap, and MXR is a pretty reliable brand.
-BOSS DD-5 and FS-5U> $100 = Lots of people use Boss delays, and this one comes with a tap tempo too (or at least thats what I think it is, tell me if I'm wrong.)

This would all add up to $400

The style I play would range from alternative to rock. I occasionally play metal at home though. I play both lead guitar and rythym ( have no idea how to spell that) parts. I am looking for a thick warm overdrive, and also a warm clean( but my amp already has that, so just the OD)

Please tell me if these pedals are worth it, and which ones are the most important to buy first.

Thanks ahead guys.
Last edited by treimer at May 24, 2011,
i dont know what currency that is cause you can get a used TU-2 from the store for like $60

i wouldnt pay $400 for all those
~~~~~~
LTD EC-256 - AGED VINTAGE BLACK
Schecter C-1 Plus - BLACK CHERRY
Peavey 6505+ 112
BOSS NS2
DigiTech Bad Monkey OD
Maxon SD9

~~~~~~
the mt-2 blows and isn't worth anything
pro tools operator certified
agile in-ceptor 727
gibson:les-paul studio
fender:strat
ibanez:prestiege s2170se s520ex
esp:ec-1000vb
splawn nitro kt88s
genz-bends g-flex

Quote by Punkismygod
U sure u want a floydrose? those things will make your nerves explode
Quote by plunkett
i dont know what currency that is cause you can get a used TU-2 from the store for like $60

i wouldnt pay $400 for all those

It's $400 Canadian, and seing how they are always getting raped for $$ it's not a horrible deal. I've been looking at a new pedal set up and it is around $600 new, so I say go for it if you are happy.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
the dyna comp is an ok deal you probably could find it cheaper if you wait, don't waste your time on the mt-2 try to get the blues driver for $45 or so, and the tu-2 isn't worth that i see it for $50 at guitar center.
[Cool Post-N00b of the Pedalboard Thread]
Guitars:Fender Am. Standard Telecaster, Gibson SG
Amp:Fender Blues Jr.
Pedals:EQD Dream Crusher->Polytune->PH-1r->Fulldrive 2->Barber LTD->Catalinbread DLS->CE-3->Strymon El Capistan->EQD Ghost Echo
Okay, I didn't really want the MT-2 anyways, it's just the deal was 50$ each or $80 for both. I'll see if I can get the BD-2 cheaper.

And yes, it is canadian, and at long and mcquades I see TU-2s for over $100.

What do you think about the Visual Volume and the DD-5? (I know it's outdated but it looked like a good deal, coming with the FS-5U and all)

Thanks for all the quick replies so far!
Apart from the MT-2 I think that would come together as a fairly decent board.

The DD-5's are fantastic, lots of different modes and the external tap tempo is a great feature
Quote by selkies
the mt-2 blows and isn't worth anything

If you mod them they can sound pretty damned good. I've been looking to buy one just for the sake of modding for fun. I'd have to get it for around twenty dollars though.
..I was watching my death.
Quote by Robbgnarly
It's $400 Canadian

that works out to like $15USD and $12AUD for all that so its an awesome deal.
mojostompboxes.com
that works out to like $15USD and $12AUD for all that so its an awesome deal.[/QUOTE

and that works out to be around £6 so yeah awesome deal
Sorry i'm late, but my walk has got terribly silly today
Last edited by stig354 at May 25, 2011,
Quote by Robbgnarly
It's $400 Canadian, and seing how they are always getting raped for $$ it's not a horrible deal.

Our dollar is stronger than the USD right now and has been for some time.
Everyone is entitled to an opinion.

Feel free to express yours so I can make an informed judgement about how stupid you are.
I'd skip on the TU-2 and MT-2. The GFS Tuner is much better, and a one of the Digitech Hardwires would probably be better for a metal sound.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

THE ASTRAL PANDA σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Last.fm
thanks again for all the replies!

i'm gonna pass on the Metal Zone, as I don't really need a metal pedal anyways.

I am pretty sure about the delay, volume, blues driver, and maybe the dyna comp.