So I need a new amp. Currently running a Prs se Torero (emg 81/85) through a vox vt30.
I dont want a combo amp.
Head n cab.
I play a little bit of metal, mostly hard rock, blues, jazz (i try), punk, and a wee bit of neoclassical. So basically I need an amp for hard rock that can get dirty when I want and pull off some nice cleans.

Imma set my budget at 1200$ for the head
And i dont even know what a half stack or whatever costs... But under 1000$ hopefully.
So about 2000$.

But I need two heads. Im a best man at my buddys wedding and no one can afford a present for the groom. Except me. But I dont want two of the same heads and he plays mostly metal and cleans (lotta metallica). Also with emg 81/85 but in an ltd mh-1000

So i got about two months. Any suggestions?
Do you still have both your kidneys?
Some people use quotations,
Some people are just perverse,
Some people have ironic machinations,
But I'll just break into verse!
Why do you really want a head + cab? Since you're on quite a budget, why don't you look at a combo for yourself first? You could get a MkIV combo which will have tones for all your styles, and you could have enough left behind for your buddy.
Quote by Blompcube
it's so cool to hate Gibson, even the federal Department of Justice hates them.

( )( )
( . .) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
C('')('') signature to help him gain world domination.
Well i played a 6505 combo and then 6505 head with a krank cab and the head n cab sounded far better imo.
Imma buy his first since its on a time schedule.
Then worry about myself.
Again I maintain the MkIV combo for you. The speaker and cab construction quality of the MkIV is significantly better than the 6505 combo.

For your friend, consider the JCA 50, Blackstar Series One 50.

However, I'd advise you to look used rather than new.
Quote by Blompcube
it's so cool to hate Gibson, even the federal Department of Justice hates them.

( )( )
( . .) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
C('')('') signature to help him gain world domination.