So I've been playing alot lately, (enough to maintain callouses on my fingers and such), but one thing I find that is causing problems is pain in my fretting fingers near the top of the "face" of the finger. Think of it as the upper area of the finger where you would draw a smiley face on your finger if you were little.
My question is, is this something that will stop hurting when callouses grow there? DO callouses grow on the face of the finger? Does/has anyone else had this problem?
the pain you have before callouses goes away with time. also the callouses will gro where you press down on the strings. and yeah most people have this problem early on.
Quote by Dirk Gently
Some pieces are only meant to be played by people with six fingers on their fretting hand. Sorry.
Generally, if you have normal skin tissues (not just epidermis, but the underlying epithelia as well) you can grow callouses there. Just like with your fingertips, the pain should go away after the callouses have properly formed--not just the hard ones, but after they soften when "matured". I've never had it, but I don't use that part of my finger, so....
Quote by SonOfPest
Its the Lydian mode; formed in Eastern Arabia when the Persians invaded England.

Quote by Blind In 1 Ear
try the sexolydian scale.
Eventually you are only gonna be able to touch the ladies with your right hand ._.
But yeah it is completly normal , it will stop hurting eventually

Quote by static_music34
your guitar doesn't exist, apparently

good one...
:Gear:
Ibanez RG2EX1
Fender Stratacoustic
Bugera Vintage 5
When I started out I could only play for short periods of time before the pain was too much!
It really hurt at first, but after a while, the callouses "mature" and the skin thickens (and yes, it doesn't "feel" as nice as if your fingertips were smooth, they also feel much more numb - but hey! You can get to pick up hot toast unaffected!) XD

It gets better the more you play.
Quote by HectorBznRg
Eventually you are only gonna be able to touch the ladies with your right hand ._.
But yeah it is completly normal , it will stop hurting eventually

That's more of an argument to not grow them.

EDIT: and it shouldn't take that long to grow them, and then you'll forget about ever not having them.
One of the third friendliest users
Stratkat's pet

Quote by Momentosis
Void is a wanker that's why

Last edited by FireFromTheVoid at May 25, 2011,