One of my friends challenged me to cover a daft punk song so I picked Recognizer haha.

I would recommend listening with headphones if possible. I guess good speakers would suffice. There are a lot of subtle layers throughout, and I find that they don't come out well on my laptop speakers. YMMV.

http://soundcloud.com/westlentz/recognizer-daft-punk-cover

Any feedback is appreciated. C4C
Originally posted by primusfan
When you crank up the gain to 10 and switch to the lead channel, it actually sounds like you are unjustifiably bombing an innocent foreign land.

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
Man you picked an easy song to cover.

any song off of Homework would have been much more impressive.

Namely Teachers, Indo Silver Club and Alive
I make house muuuusic!
www.soundcloud.com/sean-garfola

My Gear:
Schecter Tempest custom
Pro Co Rat Duecetone Distortion
Boss Space Echo
Boss Super Chorus
Line 6 Verbzilla
Digitech Jam-man
Peavey ValveKing 212
-___- lol. I don't really listen to much daft punk. My friend wanted me to do the song Derezzed, but I felt I wouldn't be able to do it justice because of all the glitchy parts. So I picked a different song off the tron soundtrack. I wasn't going for difficulty. I just wanted to make it sound good.
When you crank up the gain to 10 and switch to the lead channel, it actually sounds like you are unjustifiably bombing an innocent foreign land.

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
Hi,

I find it kinda weird when someone says you picked an easy song. What matters is how you play it ! and you did a marvelous job ;-)

I like daftpunk and tron so this is a real treat for me. The recording is great, the playing is great overall: i really couldn't distinguish this from the original and that says a LOT..

Also i have very good yamaha speakers (the old black and white ones), and they are telling me that this is an awesome recording.

Keep on playing bro !

C4C: https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1445051

Cheers,
As what I heard, you did a good job playing! I heard no technical mistakes, so good job!
Thanks for the kind words guys!

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣