Okay, this sounds like a weird question, but why ISN'T my MIM Strat falling out of tune?!?

Yesterday, I purchased a Fender FSR Stratocaster and outfitted with David Gilmour signature GHS Boomer strings.

Now, even though I literally beat the crap out of my Strat's trem (Which happened to be set up floating from the factory...), IT JUST WON'T GO OUT OF TUNE!

I'm talking Dives, Flutters, Pull-ups, EVERYTHING!

The only mod I have done to this guitar is put the Gilmour Strings on, but that can't really be the answer, can it?

The Strat came stock with 9s on it, and they fell out of tune really easily...

I decided to adjust the trem claw and put David Gilmour 10s on it, and now it will NEVER fall out of tune...

Anyways, I guess this is a really lucky strat...
Gear:
Fender FSR Standard Stratocaster SSS (MIM Gilmour Black Strat) -
Agile AL-2000 CSB -
Fender Super Champ XD -
Homemade Talkbox -
THE BORG COLLECTIVE
Cool... story bro?
Gear:
Shecter Omen 6 with Seymour Duncan SH-6
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Fender Frontman 25r (crappy)
MXR CAE WAH
Digitech HardWire TL-2 Metal Distortion (Makes the amp sound not shitty)
So you're surprised that new strings hold tuning better than the ones that have been on the guitar for weeks or months? Are you also surprised that Jesus didn't come back on Saturday?
Quote by jpnyc
So you're surprised that new strings hold tuning better than the ones that have been on the guitar for weeks or months? Are you also surprised that Jesus didn't come back on Saturday?

I'm confused as to why you believe new strings staying in tune during the first days is a normal thing?
Quote by EndTheRapture51
Anyway I have technically statutory raped #nice

Quote by EndThecRinge51
once a girl and i promised to never leave each other

since that promise was broken

i dont make promises any more
Quote by megano28
I'm confused as to why you believe new strings staying in tune during the first days is a normal thing?

This...

And who cares why it's staying in tune? Buy those strings from now on and enjoy it.
This ends now, eat the goddamn beans!
If your upset that you got a good one in the bunch, ill be happy to take it off ur hands and give you my pos spare thats in parts in my cupboard that couldn't keep tune... and ill ship it all in a box and you can also put together a project for yourself
My MIM strat with 9s stays in tune for ages. Are strats supposed to go out of tune easily?
Matthew 6:33

Uniting the World, One Bridge at a Time.
Quote by Bridge_H
My MIM strat with 9s stays in tune for ages. Are strats supposed to go out of tune easily?

When not set up properly or with old strings.
Just because its mexican doesn't mean it will go out of turn easily..

My Mex is perfect.

I think the thinner strings you use, the faster your strings will go out of tune. But it doesn't matter if its Mexican, American or from Mars. Some guitars will go out of tune more easily than others.
Quote by roythereaper
Nice bum >.> <.<
Quality of cheaper guitars have gone up tenfold in the last few years.
look at the vintage modern series for example.

For once companies seem to be doing the proper thing instead of just going "we will put out a shithouse series for low money and make people want our expensive shit"
My Fender Lonestar is MiM and it never goes out of tune. Then again, I put an extra spring on the trem and made it so I can only push it down and not pull it up, but meh.

Not sure why a guitar working as intended is so amazing.
Fender Deluxe Lonestar Stratocaster, Blackstar HT-5RS, Roland Micro Cube, Alvarez Regent Acoustic
Wishlist:
Carvin V3M
Agile AL-3100 Silverburst
Again, my MIM holds its tuning perfectly well. I use the trem (not too manically, got an RG for that, but still).

Basically, they're good guitars, and seem to hold tune well - I doubt it's the specific brand of strings, but perhaps it was set up incorrectly before.
Adam
as long as the strings cross the nut in a straight line then you have a way better chance of staying in tune. the floating trem helps as you can give it a quick yank up to pop any strings that may be catching. the nut being cut correctly is a big help as well. as mentioned it shouldn't be that big of a shock, obviously you just believed the common nay saying about fender trems staying in tune.
Mine stays in tune like a boss as well. Everyone says they go out of tune really easily. I don't know where that's coming from.
Gibson ES-137C
Parker P8EN
AC Custom Special P Bass