I felt bad for laughing but....wow.

A New Zealand truck driver who fell on a compressed air hose that pierced his buttock has survived being blown up like a balloon.

Steven McCormack had fallen between the cab and the trailer of his truck, breaking the air hose.

The nozzle pierced his buttock and began pumping air into his body, which expanded dramatically.

As he screamed, Mr McCormack's colleagues turned the air off and lay him on his side, saving his life.

The accident happened at Opotiki on the North Island on Saturday.

Mr McCormack, who is 48, is still in hospital in the nearest town, Whakatane.

He said that doctors had told him they were surprised that his skin had not burst, as the compressed air - pumping into his body at 100lb per sq inch - had separated fat from muscle.

"I felt the air rush into my body and I felt like it was going to explode from my foot.

"I was blowing up like a football... it felt like I had the bends, like in diving. I had no choice but just to lay there, blowing up like a balloon," he told the local newspaper, the Whakatane Beacon.

He said his skin feels "like a pork roast", hard and crackly on the outside but soft underneath.

He credits his colleagues, especially Jason Wenham who lay him on his side, with saving his life.

Mr Wenham, Ross Hustler and Robbie Petersen had lifted Mr McCormack off the brass nozzle which was still stuck in his body, and packed ice around his swollen neck until an ambulance arrived.

Doctors inserted a tube into his lungs to drain the fluid and cleared the wound in his buttock using what felt to him like a drill.

"That was the most painful part," he said.

"It's fair to say he's lucky to be alive, it was a potentially life-threatening situation," a hospital spokeswoman told AFP on Wednesday.

Mr McCormack confided that the air was gradually escaping his body in the way that air usually does.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-pacific-13537084
I want to read your essays and blogs of the artistic nature!

Art evokes the mystery without which the world would not exist.

- Rene Magritte
Ouch!
I'M IN THE FIGHT TO CURE CYSTIC FIBROSIS...MY LIFE DEPENDS ON IT!

Quote by JustRooster
I'm a straight man, but I'd put that surfcaster right in my mouth.

Quote by JD2k9
Well, life is like a penis.
Women make it hard.
Also, it's short but seems long when it gets hard.
I like how the article refers to the truckers rescuers as his "colleagues", a term I usually associate with academia and not the stereotypical redneck trucker portrayed in US media.
Was his entire body blown up or just his butt?
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
Your post was the only bright spot in this disgusting piece of thread.

Quote by lexanirider78
You have balls. I like balls....(awkward silence)

Quote by SeveralSpecies
I waited for the rape.

...but the rape never came
Quote by RU Experienced?
I like how the article refers to the truckers rescuers as his "colleagues", a term I usually associate with academia and not the stereotypical redneck trucker portrayed in US media.

Maybe he wasnt a stereotypical redneck trucker
Quote by Lost Dog
Maybe he wasnt a stereotypical redneck trucker

I'm not suggesting anything about the reality of the situation (as I'm uncertain that rednecks exist in New Zealand), just the imagery the article evoked in my mind.
That's pretty ****ing scary. Glad he's alive.
Most of the important things

in the world have been accomplished

by people who have kept on

trying when there seemed to be no hope at all
Quote by RU Experienced?
I'm not suggesting anything about the reality of the situation (as I'm uncertain that rednecks exist in New Zealand), just the imagery the article evoked in my mind.

Oh they're there, just few and far between, is all.
I love the way this bloke described the whole situation, especially likening his skin to a pork roast. Very much a kiwi

- Rene Magritte
Quote by mike_anderson25
I love the way this bloke described the whole situation, especially likening his skin to a pork roast. Very much a kiwi

Yeah, his analogies were great
Quote by due 07
Yikes. That blows.

I see what you did there.... But seriously I can't imagine what that would be like.
Quote by superunknown
now...if we did this with helium...
This is actually a good point. Is this situation scarier than shit? Yes. But think, we can blow people up like a balloon. Surely, somehow, that could be useful to science.
A New Zealand truck driver who fell on a compressed air hose that pierced his buttock has survived being blown up like a balloon.

Riiiiiight. He fell on it, I'm sure.
Quote by due 07
This is actually a good point. Is this situation scarier than shit? Yes. But think, we can blow people up like a balloon. Surely, somehow, that could be useful to science.

I hate to think what could be unleashed on the world through experimenting with pumping helium into people's bodies.

Wait a minute....

IT WAS A SIGN!

- Rene Magritte
Quote by mike_anderson25

I hate to think what could be unleashed on the world through experimenting with pumping helium into people's bodies.

Wait a minute....

(Invalid img)

IT WAS A SIGN!
But like, it's not even necessarily limited to helium... I'm sure there's some awesome use like maybe pumping oxygen directly into someone. I dunno, I'm just brainstorming.
Brings new meaning to the phrase "Blow it out your ass"...
Keep you doped with religion and sex and TV
And you think you're so clever and class less and free
But you're still fucking peasants as far as I can see

A working class hero is something to be.
It's sad how we can die so unexpectedly, and in such a stupid way too.
Quote by progdude93
my fetish is dudes with dicks small enough to pee on their own sacks.
Pics or it didn't happen.

>.>

<.<

>.>

Bad choice of words? You have to admit, wondering how it would look like is a bit intriguing.
Quote by SOADrox429
'Bring me the still-beating heart of a newborn child, and the world's rivers shall run red with the blood of the innocent.'

<\/> Fleshgod Apocalypse <\/>
If only it was caught on CCTV!
Strange, It seems like a character mutation, Though I have all the means, of bringing you fuckers down, I can't make myself, To destroy upon command, Somehow forgiveness, lets the evil make a loss - Danger Mouse/Sparklehorse/Wayne Coyne
Quote by due 07
But like, it's not even necessarily limited to helium... I'm sure there's some awesome use like maybe pumping oxygen directly into someone. I dunno, I'm just brainstorming.

Well I suppose it could be the resurgence of popularity that the balloon animal industry has been looking for. I mean, what kid wouldn't want to have his arm turned into a poodle?

- Rene Magritte
Yikes? But why would he sit on an air pipe?

What an airhead
Dead bull with the life from the low
I'll be massive conquistador
Give me soul and show me the door
Metal heavy, soft at the core
Gimme toro, gimme some more

Steam: Mengsk
MAL
Of course the media has to go and blow this out of proportion.
Quote by L2112Lif
I put a ton of my capital into SW Airlines... The next day, THE NEXT DAY these nutters fly into the WTC. What the hell? Apparently no one wanted to fly anymore, and I was like "What gives? God damnit Osama, let me win a fuggin' game!"
Looks like things...

...got blown out of proportion.

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEOOOOOOOOOWWWWWW

☻/

/▌

/ \

PSN ID: Lord-MacTooth
Quote by eterom11
Looks like things...

Beaten to it
Quote by eterom11
Looks like things...

I beat you to the "blown out of proportion" joke.
Quote by L2112Lif
I put a ton of my capital into SW Airlines... The next day, THE NEXT DAY these nutters fly into the WTC. What the hell? Apparently no one wanted to fly anymore, and I was like "What gives? God damnit Osama, let me win a fuggin' game!"

The ninja got ninja'd.

- Rene Magritte
Quote by mike_anderson25

The ninja got ninja'd.

Yeah, when it comes to the post speed Due just blows me out of the water.
Quote by L2112Lif
I'm sure I can make some sort of hilarious blowjob pun, but I don't know how to go about it.

Maybe I could liken the very real economic problem of inflation to this dude's leg.
Or you could liken the man's severely bloated arse to a politician's ego of your choice?

- Rene Magritte
I couldn't finish reading this story. It gave me gas

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa
I only play bots. Bots never abandon me. (´・ω・`)

Quote by mike_anderson25

We have New Zealand rednecks sort of....

Different from the stereotypical US redneck though.
Call me Skeletor
Yeah, generally they're minus the guns and YEEEEHAWW.

- Rene Magritte