Quote by AcousticMirror
oh good ask him if you can buy it for the starting price.

I have a problem right now, I showed my Dad the guitar, but he won't buy it because I'm still a beginner when deals like this are hard to come by. I have the money to back it up, also if I have the serial number, how do I use it to find out if its real? Also how do I know that the guitar doesn't have any problems?
dude that guitar is gonna go up to 500 before the auction closes. that's how auctions work.
Prs se Holcomb is the answer
Quote by AcousticMirror
dude that guitar is gonna go up to 500 before the auction closes. that's how auctions work.

Well its still a good deal for a guitar that would go 1000 USD new.
Okay, its real, but knowing that it could go up to $500+, how do I convince my parents to pay for part of it? I can only contribute $100.
you can get alot of better guitars over this used ibanez. I dont think it looks that great, do some more research before you buy a guitar. also by the time the auction ends it wont cost $99.

Epi LP Custom EMGs
ESP H-1000
Schecter Elite 7
Jackson Dominion
Peavey Valveking Head
Jet City JCA24s
Blackstar HT20 & HTV212
MXR Pedals
Schecter Stiletto Custom
Schecter Stiletto Studio
Fender Vintage Modified
Ampeg B2RE
Fender 4x10 Cab
its probably not new. set your sites on a cheaper guitar around the 300 mark. that way you dont spend money on something that you might give up latter on. your dads right about that you know.
Internet trolls are like sap in trees. sticky and annoying, but good on pancakes.
Quote by rocker222
its probably not new. set your sites on a cheaper guitar around the 300 mark. that way you dont spend money on something that you might give up latter on. your dads right about that you know.

Yeah I know its not new because it was made in 1995, its just that deals like this can be hard to come by.
Starting price has nothing to do with the final price. I've seen people start ENGLs and PRS customs for a penny. The reserve is probably several hundred dollars on that thing.
Quote by CannedBullets
Yeah I know its not new because it was made in 1995, its just that deals like this can be hard to come by.

Realistically speaking, that auction will easily end around 400-500 bucks.

With the money you'd be spending buying that + shipping, you could score locally.

Check your Craigslist before you go looking for crazy deals on Ebay, I'm pretty sure you could score something like a Prestige for around $500 used. Not to mention no hassles of Ebay.

When it comes to your parents, you're just going to have to explain yourself fully. Maybe even attempt to barter, say you'll work it off or something. I dunno. But it's so much more satisfying when you buy your own gear. Even if its used.
not worth it, man. it really isnt. it's a n old guitar, and proly has something wrong with it. that disclaimer is a generic thing done by the business. you're better off saving up and getting a new one.
Slit your lighter and light up the sky.
What you might really need, although that is IMHO, is a new amplifier.
Guitars:
- Gibson SG Standard
- Lag Roxane 500
- Eastwood Hi-Flyer
- Takamine EG523

Amplifiers:
- Jet City JCA50H
- George Dennis 60Watt The Blue Combo
- Marshall SuperBass 100Watt
Quote by dark_rider92
not worth it, man. it really isnt. it's a n old guitar, and proly has something wrong with it. that disclaimer is a generic thing done by the business. you're better off saving up and getting a new one.

Old =/= Bad guitar or something wrong with it.

Quote by Tim the Rocker
What you might really need, although that is IMHO, is a new amplifier.

Although, this could be true..

Quote by BloodReverence
Don't listen to all those bandwagon jumping kids who think Ibanez is the shit. I'm gonna set you straight right now.

IBANEZ IS NOT A GOOD BRAND

Their cheaper guitars are extremely overpriced and are not even close to the standard set by brands like PRS, Schecter, Jackson and ESP. Their more expensive guitars are good but they are VERY expensive. Srsly, way too expensive.

I compared an Ibanez that was being sold for $1500 to (what is now my) a PRS model being sold for $900. The Ibanez was weak sounding and the feel of the guitar was rough. The PRS sounded extremely tight and the feel was smooth.

At first I believed it was just that one guitar so I tried out the rest of the Ibanez in the shop. None of them were up to spec with the MUCH cheaper PRS that sounded sooo much better.

Lol k.

Ibanez's Prestige line are some of the nicest non-custom guitars I've ever played.
Last edited by TheAbsentOne at May 25, 2011,
Don't listen to all those bandwagon jumping kids who think Ibanez is the shit. I'm gonna set you straight right now.

IBANEZ IS NOT A GOOD BRAND

Their cheaper guitars are extremely overpriced and are not even close to the standard set by brands like PRS, Schecter, Jackson and ESP. Their more expensive guitars are good but they are VERY expensive. Srsly, way too expensive.

I compared an Ibanez that was being sold for $1500 to (what is now my) a PRS model being sold for $900. The Ibanez was weak sounding and the feel of the guitar was rough. The PRS sounded extremely tight and the feel was smooth.

At first I believed it was just that one guitar so I tried out the rest of the Ibanez in the shop. None of them were up to spec with the MUCH cheaper PRS that sounded sooo much better.
Listen to your dad, don't impulse buy. Save your money and just keep looking.
Gear:
Schecter C-1 Elite
Squier Strat
Fender Acoustic
Line 6 POD XT-Live
Blackstar HT-1 Combo
Smart people always start auctions at a really low price. It attracts more watchers and attention, and the price always skyrockets a day before the auction ends.
Quote by Will Swanson
Pull your scrotum out, and smear it over your walls.

Vast turbulence of meteors and galactic dust..
Parallel undefined measurements..
Time has new form, life has new form..
Quote by CannedBullets

no deals that good are not that hard to come by, seeing as you definately wont be paying only $100.

also why don't you instead save up the money for a new guitar, you have $100 saved, so why don't you save up longer for a better one. save like $700 and you can buy a guitar that your going to like, with out it being used. also if you save up a bunch of money, your parents will see how much you actually have invested in the guitar, and they willl see you're passion for it.
Quote by Dirk Gently
Some pieces are only meant to be played by people with six fingers on their fretting hand. Sorry.
*comming back to this thread* how old are you kid?
Internet trolls are like sap in trees. sticky and annoying, but good on pancakes.