Selling a couple of items and I should have around £300-500

Overall I'm hugely satisfied with my gear at the moment; Jackson RR3, Ibanez SV470, Laney AOR into a LX120 cab. (great for the £60 I payed for it)

Now as most of us UG members know, gas is huge among us UG users and I have been gassing for a RR5, Razorback, VMNT or a prestige Ibanez for some time now, but on second thoughts I have been gassing for a Bugera (one of the high gain models) for a while now too.

Which one should I go for? and if you can advise any alternatives that would be great too!
Bass Gear:

Mensinger: Speesy
Fender Precision 1989 (CIJ Rosewood)
Fender Steve Harris (CIJ)
Lakland J Sonic 5
Epiphone Explorer
Maruszczyk (custom) Jake

Ashdown CTM 100
What dont you like about your rig as a whole? How much can you spend? What musical styles are you going for?
Originally posted by primusfan
When you crank up the gain to 10 and switch to the lead channel, it actually sounds like you are unjustifiably bombing an innocent foreign land.

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
I'm not sure to be honest, I kinda feel that it's great for the band I'm currently in. But it doesn't sound completly there yet. It's kinda hard to explain. For the sounds I'm after think Maiden, Priest, Keeper Of The Seven Key's era Helloween and Blind Guardian.

Haven't got use for a modern gain sounding amp yet.

Budget is £300-500 not sure yet as I haven't sold anything but it will be in the middle of that figure.
Bass Gear:

Lakland J Sonic 5
Epiphone Explorer
Maruszczyk (custom) Jake

Ashdown CTM 100
dv247 - 333xl,

its a no brainer
Sorry i'm late, but my walk has got terribly silly today
Quote by stig354
dv247 - 333xl,

its a no brainer

Like I said, got no use for a high gain head at the moment.
Bass Gear:

Lakland J Sonic 5
Epiphone Explorer
Maruszczyk (custom) Jake

Ashdown CTM 100
it can go high gain of course, but it also comes with a crunch channel that is superb for rock. and a foot switch is included.(that was a huge reason why i bought it)
Sorry i'm late, but my walk has got terribly silly today
i know you are gassing for expensive stuff, but i have a cheap option that may do exatly what you need. try buying an overdrive like an ibanez ts9. then set the level all the way up, the tone around noon, and the gain anywhere from all the way down to 9:00. it will tighten your tone a little and give you a little boost. basically it will give your tone a swift kick in the pants. to me, it is a great solution when you like everything about your tone, but it just seems like one little thing is missing
Originally posted by primusfan
When you crank up the gain to 10 and switch to the lead channel, it actually sounds like you are unjustifiably bombing an innocent foreign land.

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
If you're happy with your guitar - how it feels, sounds and plays - just upgrade the amp.
Everyone is entitled to an opinion.

Feel free to express yours so I can make an informed judgement about how stupid you are.
Quote by InanezGuitars44
i know you are gassing for expensive stuff, but i have a cheap option that may do exatly what you need. try buying an overdrive like an ibanez ts9. then set the level all the way up, the tone around noon, and the gain anywhere from all the way down to 9:00. it will tighten your tone a little and give you a little boost. basically it will give your tone a swift kick in the pants. to me, it is a great solution when you like everything about your tone, but it just seems like one little thing is missing

Would a Digitech bad monkey do it?
Bass Gear:

Lakland J Sonic 5
Epiphone Explorer
Maruszczyk (custom) Jake

Ashdown CTM 100
Quote by Fisheth24
Would a Digitech bad monkey do it?

Yes
Ibanez RG1570 (06) LTD Truckster (07) Fender USA Standard Strat (97) Blackstar HT5s ,TC Polytune, SHO Clone, Russian Muff pi, EHX Small Clone, MXR Carbon Copy, Marshall Reflector, MXR 10 Band EQ
I owned a Bad Monkey and thought it was a piece of shit compared to my TS9.

YMMV.
Everyone is entitled to an opinion.

Feel free to express yours so I can make an informed judgement about how stupid you are.
Ymmv?
Bass Gear:

Lakland J Sonic 5
Epiphone Explorer
Maruszczyk (custom) Jake

Ashdown CTM 100
Your Mileage May Vary

That is to say... what works for others may not work as well for you, and vice versa.
Quote by Blompcube
it's so cool to hate Gibson, even the federal Department of Justice hates them.

( )( )
( . .) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
C('')('') signature to help him gain world domination.
cheap option - try a few pedals. od, eq, whatever.

other option - sell the aor and cab to add to your current funds and go deep with new amp.
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
Frankly, the Bugera won't be an upgrade from the AOR. the AOR's are tanks, and essentially hotrod Marshall's. I would recommend trying out an overdrive before considering replacing that head.
Upgrade from the LX120 cab to something better. You could get the Framus 212 or maybe an Orange cab from thomann.de (they have a British web site) in your budget, and I guarantee you it will make you sound a lot better.

I'd also recommend the Bad Monkey or a Tubescreamer, it will really make your sound jump out.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
the cab is probably the weakest link in your rig. a couple pedals and a good cab would probably work wonders. that's a good point.
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
Seems like you're pretty happy with your amp for now?

I would say the weakest link in your rig may be your speaker cab. You can't go wrong with an Orange 2x12 - that's at the top of your budget though, and you can probably find something good for a bit less if you want.

You're guitars aren't bad at all... If you are happy with them wait on a new guitar. Personally I like the S series a lot, even some of the cheaper ones. If anything, maybe some new pick ups? I'm not too knowledgeable in that area though...

Already mentioned, but just want to reiterate that a boost might be what you need too. Try bringing your amp to a store and testing out a few (also test a few different cabs). Look into a tubescreamer/boost first, and after that try an EQ.
I will also suggest a boost of some kind, then put the rest of the money in your savings account for a rainy day. No point in wasting money upgrading a rig you are satisfied with.