Poll Options
View poll results: I...
I use predictive texting.
173 45%
I use manual texting.
214 55%
Voters: 387.
Page 1 of 3
Texting on mobile / cell phones - Predictive or Manual?

Why?

If you use QWERTY on your phone, then what would you use if your phone DIDN'T have a QWERTY keypad?
RIP Tom Searle.
Last edited by MH400 at May 25, 2011,
Predictive.

Its quicker and incredibly accurate and I cba to use both hands to type on my HTC.

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
Manual with a qwerty keyboard because I'm a fearless bastard.
I shall grant you three wishes.

None of which will work.

Does the above post enrage, offend or confuse you?

Good.

I like my women how I like my guitars. Curvy and like it when I finger them.
manual.

because when i try to warn a friend about a tsunami, it predicts to 'truman g'

it also doesn't know how to spell a lot of things like bildungsroman, and it just generally doesn't have a very wide variety of words.

edit^ to the above, there are predictive text funcions on qwertys too, like iphones, which is what i'm referring to
Click here to hear my BOB DYLAN (Blowing in the Wind) out right now May 2k17
Last edited by laid-to-waste at May 25, 2011,
Because my predictive texting is a Jehovah's Witness and doesn't approve of all my cursing. Every time I try to say ****, it says fun. Every time I try to say douchebag, it says dirt bike.
Manual.

Anyone using predictive can't make up their own words and are slaves to the dictionary.
Quote by the_white_bunny
your just a simpleton that cant understand strategy apparently.

Quote by the_white_bunny
all hail king of the penis sucking(i said balls. you said dick for some reason?) Isabiggles
Quote by trueamerican
Because my predictive texting is a Jehovah's Witness and doesn't approve of all my cursing. Every time I try to say ****, it says fun. Every time I try to say douchebag, it says dirt bike.

Click here to hear my BOB DYLAN (Blowing in the Wind) out right now May 2k17
Predictive.
It's quicker, especially seeming I don't text in the modern way: cutting every word in half and not using vowels, so using predictive text is just quicker.

I do however change to manual when writing swears or invented words.
Never imagine yourself not to be otherwise than what it might appear to others that what you were or might have been was not otherwise than what you had been would have appeared to them to be otherwise
Before I had QWERTY I used predictive. If I use the touchscreen QWERTY I also use predictive, but if I use the keypad then it's manual automatically.
Quote by Renka
OddOneOut is an Essex S&M mistress and not a pirate or a computer program.

Manual every day, but currently on crappy predictive cos my replacement phone has the tiniest buttons going
Predictive, i'm not as fast with manual and I never really got into it. I don't really type much either nowadays, my phone predicts the next word too.

Fancy that, my conversations are so dull that my phone can predict what i'm going to say.
455 75 34 88

(´・ω・`)

Quote by strait jacket
Do you like being sigged or, like me do you feel strangely violated?
Predictive, because it's factory setting.
Basses:
Squier Affinity P
Stellah Ripwood 5
Epiphone EB-0
predictive. using it right now as this txt is coming from my android. qwerty keyboard but it predicts the most likely word based on the keys around where you tap. so you can basically touch type. this took me very little time to write with only one typo.

Don't let your boat be empty, don't be a sunken dream
Don't let the boat regret thee, for what you could have seen

predictive is the way to go. It's pretty accurate, and even if it doesn't get a word right, I can easily corrent hit.
plus my average for hitting the right keys when typing on the first try is below 50%. So sometimes i manage to fumble out a word like hbabdbf and it still makes Kebab for me. really handy.
The corners of your mouth feel dry and rather itchy, don't they?

(oh god, I just noticed this one) Your penis is never quite comfortable in its current position.

oh btw:
manual blinking activated
I have a blackberry so I use manual.. but on my old phones that had the regular numbers I always used predictive. It is so much quicker.
Predictive got much better when I added **** and ****** to its dictionary.
i don't know why i feel so dry
When I'm using my iPod it's predictive (I'm using it right now) and it fixes a lot of mistakes I make by typing quickly. I like it.

On my phone I have a QWERTY that also fixes misspellings and punctuation, does that count as predictive?

If I didn't have my QWERTY Id use manual. I hate t9 and all that jazz. I'm a fast typed no matter what device I'm on.
i have an iPhone with auto correct what soed that count as because sometimes it predicts the word but not always
Quote by isabiggles
Manual.

Anyone using predictive can't make up their own words and are slaves to the dictionary.

My old phone added new words that you typed in automatically. I gave it to a friend of mine, custom dictionary and all, and now they run away whenever they see me.

I now use Andriod Swype, a QWERTY keyboard where you slide your finger over the letters you want and the word comes up. It takes a bit of getting used to but it's pretty speedy.
Quote by ozzyismetal
Neopowell, that's because you are a pumped-up sex offender.
Quote by Kensai
You're exactly the kind of person who'd have sex in a bar drunk
Quote by Zero-Hartman
You're a terrible, terrible man. This is a new middle for you.

I write things. You can read them.Essay on UK student riots
Last edited by Neopowell the PUSO at May 25, 2011,
It seems to be the borderline illiterate who can't handle predictive. The T9 system just can't cope with really bad spelling.
QWERTY keyboard, ftmfw. When I had my old flip phone it was predictive though. 1,000,000x faster
DON'T HIRE RON WILSON
Quote by Neopowell the PUSO

I now use Andriod Swype, a QWERTY keyboard where you slide your finger over the letters you want and the word comes up. It takes a pit of getting used to but it's pretty speedy.

Quote by superunknown
Manual, mother f*cker.

t9 can't even begin to predict the shit that spews out of this head.

Muthafukin +1
Used to use manual when I first got my phone
I then discovered predictive my accident...and stuck with predictive ever since
I can now text with one hand
Predictive. I used to use manual, until someone laughed and then taught me how to use T9 without wanting to smash my phone. Now T9 is my best friend.
Belgium -->AZERTY keyboardz

I fell asleep on my arm once, scariest thing that ever happened to me. I thought it was kill.
manual is the way.
You who build these altars now

To sacrifice these children
You must not do it anymore
ITT: The slightly odd feeling you get when you actually type QWERTY.
Quote by ozzyismetal
Neopowell, that's because you are a pumped-up sex offender.
Quote by Kensai
You're exactly the kind of person who'd have sex in a bar drunk
Quote by Zero-Hartman
You're a terrible, terrible man. This is a new middle for you.

I write things. You can read them.Essay on UK student riots
Manual, universal for all phones.

Plus if I do a 4th click on most buttons in manual mode, I GET GREEK LETTERS. A MATHEMATICIANS WET DREAM AND I FEEL LIKE A SPARTAN.
Check out my Tumblr
Quote by Victory2134
The world seemed like a better place when I didn't know what racism, genocide, and the internet was.
Call the person, makes it much more fun and understandable.
Quote by Holy Katana
Your last job only paid you $7.00 AUD an hour? That's like $6.05 in the US. What the hell is the minimum wage over there?

Quote by titsmcgee852
$0 for volunteer work

ollollolollol

^
Page 1 of 3