Hey all,

I´m looking for a nice distortion pedal. I play in a symphonic metal band (Nightwish/Witing Temptation) and I think I could use some distortion. However my knowledge about pedals is low. I own a Cort A5.
So do you guys have some advice for me?
My budget is around €150,- If it realy needs I can go up to €200,-
What amp are you using? Is there a specific example of the sound you're after?
Quote by UraniYum
Fuck you I'm trying to be caring and shit

Quote by Cb4rabid
Okay guys, I have a confession to make. Not really a confession since it's something that's been bugging me for awhile but I've always been in denial about it.

**** you gilly, it's not what you think
At my home I have a (shitty) Thunderbird Bx108 and where I practice I have a Ashdown MAG-C410T-300.

I like Macro Hietalas (from Nightwish) sound but I'm pretty sure I can't get that tone out of my bass + amp. But that sort of sound is what I'm looking for.
Tech21 VT Bass

It's worth it.

If you don't like it/can't afford it/don't like the sound... look for overdrive and/or fuzz pedals that have a good blending system involved...

-VooDooLabs Sparkle Drive
-ZVEX Fuzz Factory
-Catalinbread SFT
-Fender Sub-Lime

I know finding a good dirt pedal is hard... ususally retail places only stock the big companies like Boss/EHX/Digitech/etc etc... which can be really good... but there are a TON of options and sounds out there. Spend some time on YouTube looking at pedal reviews. Take a look at this site, http://bassfuzz.com/ , there are a ton of reviews and it should point ya in the right direction.
"Punk Rock should mean freedom, liking and accepting anything that you like, as sloppy as you want, as long as it's good and has passion."
Wounded Paw Attack Goat is also a good one.

I REALLY love mine. after hearing me use it for the first time, my guitarist inquired on the company making guitar distortions.
Quote by FatalGear41
I wouldn't call what we have here on the Bass Forum a mentality. It's more like the sharing part of an AA meeting.

Quote by Jason Jillard
HUMANITY WHATS WRONG WITH YOU.

Warwick Fortress>>Acoustic AB50

http://www.myspace.com/rustingbloom
Quote by Din of Win
Tech21 VT Bass

It's worth it.

Deffo!! I got mine at a reasonable price second hand...and it tottally transformed my tone, even through my crappy tiny practice amp Ive had for years. It's such a variable and versatile little box, I highly recommend it, check out a few demos on the Ol' Youtube.

Quote by the humanity
Wounded Paw Attack Goat is also a good one.

I REALLY love mine. after hearing me use it for the first time, my guitarist inquired on the company making guitar distortions.

I've lusted after one of these for years, still yet to play with one in the flesh as it were, but every sound clip Ive heard has impressed me!!
Quote by the humanity
I'm just joking Moog. you know nothing can tear our friendship apart, not even the fact we are miles apart, I am right there beside you, yelling, "Chug it, ya little wimp!"
Quote by skippy_moogoose
I've lusted after one of these for years, still yet to play with one in the flesh as it were, but every sound clip Ive heard has impressed me!!

sound just as good in person.

only complaint is they go through batteries pretty quick.
Quote by FatalGear41
I wouldn't call what we have here on the Bass Forum a mentality. It's more like the sharing part of an AA meeting.

Quote by Jason Jillard
HUMANITY WHATS WRONG WITH YOU.

Warwick Fortress>>Acoustic AB50

http://www.myspace.com/rustingbloom
Quote by ETHANEVIL
Go With A Big Muff Pi. Cliff Burton Used It

That's not what he's asking for at all.

I'll add an MXR M80 to the list of things to try out. It only really does one distortion sound, but it does it excellently.
Quote by UraniYum
Fuck you I'm trying to be caring and shit

Quote by Cb4rabid
Okay guys, I have a confession to make. Not really a confession since it's something that's been bugging me for awhile but I've always been in denial about it.

**** you gilly, it's not what you think
lol @ cliff burton reference. worst advice.
as the guys above said Check out tech21. They make some amazing tools for bassists