Soul/R n B/Funk
12 8%
Dadrock
10 7%
Other
56 38%
Voters: 149.
Page 1 of 3
poll coming, no flaming, its all opinion, if you get angry at what someone says, move past it and deal with it, its all opinion, no being a dick either though and trolling
I chose other because so many more artists/bands than not fit into that genre of "OMG WHAT IS THIS STATIC NOISE!"
Everybody Dies
Ignorance is NOT just what you DO NOT know but what you WILL NOT know

MY Soundcloud
Tears for toda la alegría que teníamos
Tears for todo el dolor
Las lágrimas de invierno que llevan dentro
Siempre gritar tu nombre
Estas lágrimas de invierno , voy a llorar por ti
Estas lágrimas de invierno , son solamente para usted
From the poll i´d say metal. If there was brokencyanide or some bullshit in it i would have voted for those guys.

Purely because the other genres are not that aggresive sounding, also I am able to chill back listening to jazz, indie, electro watever. If i try to chill with metal i would go nuts.
Quote by Holy Katana
Your last job only paid you $7.00 AUD an hour? That's like $6.05 in the US. What the hell is the minimum wage over there?

Quote by titsmcgee852
$0 for volunteer work

ollollolollol

^
I can see why people vote metal: not everyone has enough talent to play it.
Quote by RazorTheAwesome
Lol at Bender

Quote by So-Cal

Quote by theguitarist

I got to warn you for spam though...

Quote by Shredoftheday
Nicely put good sir

I witnessed Night Of The Pear 2
Crunkcore is not on your poll. Poll is invalid.

And "other" hardly covers it.
Quote by Riffofthebeast
hitler could have conquered the entire world if he just sent an assasin to every enemy country and have their leader assasinated
I predict a flame war in:

I shall grant you three wishes.

None of which will work.

Does the above post enrage, offend or confuse you?

Good.

I like my women how I like my guitars. Curvy and like it when I finger them.
shouldnt be a flame war if everyone just listens to what i said in the op

if you get annoyed over someone elses opinion then obviously you have emotional issues
Pop/country. Pop moreso than country but I hate both of them almost equally. Catchy hooks every other line don't make up for lack of musical quality.
In that list metal.
Quote by vintage x metal
I love you =] I can't say I was very fond of you when we first started talking because you trolled the hell out of my threads, but after talking to you here I've grown very attached to you.

Yeah, write to my fanclub about it, honey.
Pop/ RnB
It just sucks.
In my opinion.
There's a good chance that what I've written above is useless and if you take any of the advice it's your own fault.
Quote by bklinger83
Pop/country. Pop moreso than country but I hate both of them almost equally. Catchy hooks every other line don't make up for lack of musical quality.

If a song has a catchy hook which makes people sing it/remember it, hasn't it done its job?

I can't think of one catchy metal song.
Metal, mostly because its fans are complete bell ends who are so up themselves its unreal.

PSN ID: ArranP
Srsly, pbshogun, I'mma kick you if you don't stop making threads
Srsly... wtf...
I fell asleep on my arm once, scariest thing that ever happened to me. I thought it was kill.
Quote by Tanglewoodguit
If a song has a catchy hook which makes people sing it/remember it, hasn't it done its job?

Coz metal only goes for the technical quality that apparently everybody values so high because it makes you look like you are real artist instead of sell-out.

But hey, to each his own.
Quote by Holy Katana
Your last job only paid you $7.00 AUD an hour? That's like $6.05 in the US. What the hell is the minimum wage over there?

Quote by titsmcgee852
$0 for volunteer work

ollollolollol

^
Indie. The thing I hate about it most is the vocal style- it just rubs me the wrong way and I cant stand it.

Also, most '____-core' genres and anything which OVER relies on technical ability/theory.
PSN: Shibuib
Steam: Drag_on88rr@hotmail.com
add me

Elvis Presley aint got no soul, Chuck Berry is rock and roll.

日本語をシグに入れるのは馬鹿やキザ野郎のする事だぜ。
Quote by Tanglewoodguit

Just because you can't think of one doesn't mean there aren't any. Old bands are specially good at making catchy metal, like Iron Maiden's 'Run to the Hills' and Metallica's 'Enter Sandman'
Quote by Henkdemachtige
Coz metal only goes for the technical quality that apparently everybody values so high because it makes you look like you are real artist instead of sell-out.

Catchy music sells. Can't be argued against as it's a fact.
I happen to love indie, but detest the commercial main stream diatribe within the genre. Doesn't stop it being successful though.
Quote by Tanglewoodguit

I can think of hundred of catchy metal song.

What is catchy for one maybe not catchy for the other. I personally enjoy musical innovation more than a repetition of the same 3 chords progression. That's why, as a metal listener, I can understand how people are not enjoying it.

Some don't get the harsh/distorted vocals, other think it's too brutal, too fast, or plain noise ( as for the noise, I think they need to open their minds, but well ).

Metal appeal me in a way other genre don't. I don't enjoy partying, drugs, being in tha hood, dancing, or having fun with others. I enjoy hate, misanthropy, violence and other things. But hey, that's just me.
Quote by RazorTheAwesome
Lol at Bender

Quote by So-Cal

Quote by theguitarist

Quote by Shredoftheday
Nicely put good sir

Quote by Tanglewoodguit

catchy in no way means good. i find s club 7 songs catchy, in that they won't get out of my head and make me tap my foot, but at the same time i hate them with a passionate fiery fury.

and on topic, probably indie, or whatever you call it when they whack the treble up, skinny jeans on and shout instead of singing
Quote by Jackal58
I only judge people based upon the color of their skin.

Quote by Kilty Boxers
id like to shave my balls, but i always cut myself and when i do my shaver is like om nom nom testicle skin.
Anything to simple, boring, repetitive. These factors for me personally fall into dance, rap and sometimes indie music.
Quote by nimrod_hahahaha
catchy in no way means good. i find s club 7 songs catchy, in that they won't get out of my head and make me tap my foot, but at the same time i hate them with a passionate fiery fury.

and on topic, probably indie, or whatever you call it when they whack the treble up, skinny jeans on and shout instead of singing

And that it is just as bad as generalising about metal.

Indie, as a genre, used to be about low key, good music. Now it's become mainstream and it's rubbish. But the non main stream indie is still very good.

And your first point, I never said they were good. I said they do their job, and sell records. Which is an undeniable fact.
Most modern hip hop (50 Cent, etc). I think it's fucking horrible but that's just my opinion. If that's what floats your boat though then I don't have a problem with that.
Quote by CFH82
Ejaculate in MY moustache?!

Music is just wiggly air. Accept it or leave it.ಠ_ಠ
Quote by Henkdemachtige

Judas Priest? Iced Earth? Death?

Metal is a hypocrite. It dodges the mainstream of music to create its own mainstream.
They're all shit.
The UG Awards exist only to instill me with existential doubt.

For me, the 60's ended that day in 1978...

Willies. Fuck the lick and fuck you too.
Quote by Henkdemachtige

i dont know about that, bb king has 0 techinque but its better than any metal player, plus a real artist its about emotions and feelings

id say metal in that list, its the only genre that i cant even listen 2 songs together, for me its boring and lacking any sort of emotion, aside from an almost fake teenage angst

ps:when i talk about metal i mean every metal band except Black Sabbath
Quote by Tanglewoodguit
Indie, as a genre, used to be about low key, good music. Now it's become mainstream and it's rubbish. But the non main stream indie is still very good.
This is quite literally the most hipster thing I've ever read
Quote by 100%guitarmad
What if it's raining?

An umbrella can help, but you can still wear a hat if you want. One can go with the other.
Quote by RazorTheAwesome
Lol at Bender

Quote by So-Cal

Quote by theguitarist

Quote by Shredoftheday
Nicely put good sir

Page 1 of 3