smb
2,006 IQ
I hate it. Really, really hate it.
RetroGunslinger
1,060 IQ
that made me physically sick, you're lucky you picked a shite band though, if you had done this to judas priest or someone I would have killed you by now
My Gear:
BC Rich Gunslinger Retro Blade
Vintage V100 Paradise + SD Alnico Pro Slash APH-2's
1963 Burns Short Scale Jazz Guitar
Dean Performer Florentine
Bugera 6260
Orange Micro Terror + cab
Digitech Bad Monkey
Zoom G2G
funeralllllllll
42 IQ
rofl, i guess my friend will love this?

but you know, serious internet metal genre discussion: this is more like post modern dubcore than modern metalstep
Veratyr5
15 IQ
Quote by smb

Quote by smb
ChemicalFire
King of Bacon Pancakes
5,773 IQ
This is just dubstep with metal samples in it. It's not really different from any other dubstep.

I like dubstep though so I kinda like this.
All I want is for everyone to go to hell...
...It's the last place I was seen before I lost myself

Quote by DisarmGoliath
You can be the deputy llamma of the recordings forum!
blake1221
‭‭
711 IQ
Quote by RetroGunslinger
that made me physically sick, you're lucky you picked a shite band though, if you had done this to judas priest or someone I would have killed you by now

it's his shit band.
Duffman123
A cookie full of arsenic
2,383 IQ
Quote by funeralllllllll
rofl, i guess my friend will love this?

but you know, serious internet metal genre discussion: this is more like post modern dubcore than modern metalstep

wa?

The dub part in dubstep is there because a lot of early dubstep had a lot of dub (the genre) elements in it. Like for example the emphasis on the bass and drums, the way the tracks were very raw and stripped down and because a lot of delay and reverb was used. Obviously a lot has changed and a lot of those key elements have gone. So technically metalstep would be the correct thing to call it because it has the same rhythms used in dubstep and has metal elements.

I know no one cares but it's a little annoying how the words dub and step are thrown around without any thought.
BK202
The Shape of Jazz To Come
614 IQ
I think that it's not just dubcore that's the issue, what the f*ck is up with "post-modern dubcore"? Post-modernism, like the philosophy? When has the expantion of Freudian principle, and that all history is relative shown up in the music?
funeralllllllll
42 IQ
Quote by Duffman123
wa?

you obviously don't read the (OMG ITS THIS GENRE NOT THAT 1) comment wars in metal videos on youtube :p